Growing up

February 20, 2013

Berkeley tired blowing out the candle but only ended up spitting. I went behind her and blew just a tad bit to help her out. After the candle was out I pulled it out of the cake. 80 went to grab something to cut it with but Berkeley just grabbed it with her hands. "80 forget the knife." I said. "Why?" 80 said. She saw Berkeley and laughed a little. "I guess she was in a hurry to try cake." I said I a chuckle. Berkeley just looked at us and giggled. "Oi we're gonna regret this later when we can't get her to sleep." I said. "Nah you just got to wear all the sugar out." Tre said. Suddenly a huge clump of pink frosting hit Tres face. Berkeley just laughed. "I see how it is." Tre said while whipping some frosting onto Berkeleys nose. He then drew whiskers and made her a little rabbit. I took a picture with my camera. She was growing so fast. The more she grew she looked more like me but you could still see a lot of 80 in her. I took her out of her highchair and she ran off towards Mike, hiding behind his legs. "Oh no I wonder where Berkeley went? Is she under the table?" Tre said. "Is she under the chair? Is she behind me?" "I'm right here uncle Tre!" Berkeley said. "Oh Berkeley I thought I never find you?" Tre said as he picked up Berkeley. "Mommy, daddy, look uncle Tre made me an airplane!" She yelled as Tre put her up. She spread her arms out and made airplane noises. "He sure did now Uncle Tre when will she land?" I said. He suddenly pulled her into his arms and we all staring tickling her. After that was done we put her down so she could catch her breath. "Let's play hide and seek!" Berkeley said. "Daddy counts and we hide!" She said. "Ok!" I turned around into a corner. "1,2,3" I started counting.

Berkeleys POV

I'll hide behind the book shelf! Daddy will never fine me here!

Billie's POV

"99,100! Ready or not here I come!" I yelled. I saw Tres shoe peaking out from under the table. "Too easy." I said as I lifted up the table cloth revealing Tre. "Damn you found me!" He said. I found Mike and 80 but I couldn't find Berkeley. "Berkeley I give up!" I yelled. "I'm over here!" She yelled. I ran to the living room. I looked behind the couch, she wasn't there. "Baby please come out I give up I can't find you!" I said.

Berkeleys POV

I started to walk out but then I got stuck. "Daddy I'm stuck!!"

Billie's POV

I saw Berkeleys arm coming out of the side of the bookshelf. I went over and pulled it out a little. "Hey don't go behind there anymore ok." I said. She shook her head.

Two years later

"Daddy...Daddy!!!!" I heard Berkeley say as she shook me. "What is it sweetheart?" "I had a nightmare."  She said. I patted the bed telling her to climb in. She did and she got between me and 80. "Goodnight daddy." She said. As she fell asleep. I put my arm around both Berkeley and 80. They were both of my girls. And I wouldn't trade them for the world.