Chapter 10-

Chapter 10-

“What Riley?” Alex asks me once I catch up.  I don’t hesitate for a second.

I stand on my tiptoes and lean into Alex.  He freezes under my touch and is barley breathing.  I close the gap then putting my lips to his.  I feel tingles in my lips this couldn’t be anymore perfect.  Alex seems to realize what is happening, and moves in putting his hand on my cheek deepening the kiss.

“Alex!  Cooties!” Jordan’s voice forces us to back up.

“Yeah Riley, how could you give me cooties like that!  Gross!” Alex winks at me.  The smile on his face is huge, which is telling me he enjoyed that as much as I did.

“Can we play a game please?” Jordan asks us.

“Well who is going to play with us?” Alex asks him.

“Peter, you, Riley, and me!” Jordan yells out and it causes me to smile even bigger.

“How about hide-and-seek?” Alex asks wiggling his eyebrows at me and I just shake my head laughing.

“Yeah!” Jordan jumps up with his hands in the air.

“Ok teams are Riley and I, then you and Peter, you’re it first!” Alex says grabbing my arm and bringing me over to the elevator.

“PETER!” Jordan yells out looking for his brother to help him.

“Hide-and-seek?” I ask Alex shaking my head and he shrugs.

“I needed to talk to you alone,” he says simple and I nod.

“Yes?” I ask waiting for what he wants to talk about.

“What was that kiss about?” he asks me seriously.

“Umm, well.  I like you,” I admit then look away not wanting him to see me blush this is embarrassing.

“Don’t you like Chance?” he asks me confused.

“No, I was confused.  I’m not now.  I like you,” I tell him confidently and I see a slight smile on his face.

“Ok,” Alex nods.

What!  I just freaking tell him how I feel and he says ‘ok’, what the heck?

“Umm, ok?” I repeat.

“Ok,” Alex nods again.

The elevator door opens and Alex walks out.

“What are you doing?” I ask him confused.

“Hiding, duhh.  I don’t want to lose,” Alex says looking around for a hiding spot.

I roll my eyes then follow him out of the elevator and into the home theater.  He lays down on the ground in one of the aisles and I follow laying down in front of him.

“Turn around,” I hear Alex whisper.

“Why?” I whisper back.

“Because I want to see your face,” he whispers.  Talk about mixed signals.  I sigh and turn around so I’m lying down face-to-face with Alex.

“Better,” he smiles.

“Yeah, whatever,” I roll my eyes, still pissed from earlier in the elevator.

“Miss attitude, what’s your problem?” Alex whisper-asks me and I once again roll my eyes.

“I told you how I felt in the elevator and your response is ‘ok’,” I explain and he nods.