Chapter 2

You stared in wonders at the hospital. Even the small space you were in was a lot nicer than your old house. The white curtains that separated you from the real world was pristine clean, the bed was soft, and the floor spotless. As you eyes wandered, Jungkook watched and laughed to himself.

"You know, you don't have to stay with me. Bringing me here is more than enough." After the fight, Jungkook decided to take you to the hospital while Taehyung was bringing Yuqi back to the hotel. You felt unsure about it but Yuqi was starting to be herself again and if he does anything, you can hurt him any time. Besides, they don't seem like bad people and Yuqi called a while ago to tell you that she was safely in bed and Taehyung had left right after making sure she was okay.

"Don't be silly. It gets lonely waiting for the doctors. I'll keep you company." he grinned, bunny smile showing.

"Speaking from experience?"

"Sorta. My parents are doctors. I rarely see them."

"I'm sorry about that. But it gives you a chance to grow up more and a little faster. Not that it's a good thing, but you learn to not depend on people." The nurse came by and disinfected your wound. There wasn't much for her to do besides putting a bandaid on. She said since the cut wasn't deep, it wouldn't leave a scar and would heal in a few weeks. After finishing out the paperworks, the two of you walked outside where you would take separate cabs back to your own place. You two had a few small conversations, nothing too personal. But he's comfortable to talk with. And he's your age as well. Taehyung is two years older.

"Really, I'm so thankful for all that you've done tonight." you told him, standing on the curb.

"It's too bad that it has to end so quickly....But maybe it doesn't." You tilted your head in confusion. "I'm in town because it's a friend's party this weekend. How about you and Yuqi come along? I'll introduce you to my friends too!" he exclaimed, excitement filling shrank. The confident aura disappeared, replaced with his shy smile. him."I-If you want, of course."

"I'll ask Yuqi and then I'll let you know. But I don't want us to be intruding anything."

"Oh, don't worry. I'm not much of a party guy so if you were there, I could at least talk to you." he answered, his voice quiet. You laughed a little.

"Alright." The two of you exchanged numbers and went your ways. The door to the hotel room creaked a little, you tiptoed inside the room as to not wake up the sleeping girl. You swept her curly hair from her face and dropped on the bed right next to hers. Showering sounds fun, but that's a tomorrow kind of thing. With that, you doze off to sleep. Morning came too fast, the sunlight was blinding. But what really woke you up was Yuqi's legs across your body. She does this occasionally, climbing into your bed and sleep when she can't. You carefully moved her legs to the side and got up to shower. Well it was more like you sitting in the bathtub with the complimentary rose petals for half an hour. When you got out, Yuqi was up, clinging on to her head.

"I think I just died last night." she mumbled.

"Relax. You had like 2 shots before passing out." you chuckled.

"Speaking of which, what happened afterwards? I can only remembered what happened when Taehyung dropped me off." She blushed at the name and tried to turn her face from you to hide it.

"Well, we almost got robbed. Then I went to the hospital with Jungkook. And then I came back here."

"Oh my gosh, are you okay?" she rushed to you, checking for any wounds. You had taken the bandaid off, but there was still some scabs. She already had tears in her eyes. Her fragile heart was really something.

"I'm fine. Not like I have a pretty face to maintain like yours." you teased, pinching her cheeks.

"Shut up, don't say that. You're so pretty." she yelled. Her deep voice booming and it gave you a nice surprise.

"Whatever you say."

"By the way, I think Jungkook likes you." she said, sitting back on the bed, legs kicking up and down.

"What?"

"I heard him calling Taehyung from the hospital. Taehyung was teasing him about developing a crush or something."

"You probably heard wrong." If anyone would get noticed, it would be Yuqi, not you. "But speaking of Jungkook, he invited me to a party of his friends. And I told him I would ask you first before giving him any answer."

"Oh, that sounds fun. We should totally go. But first off, you need some new clothes." she said, scanning you up and down. You covered your already covered body and she laughed.

"Talk to me about shopping after you take a shower. You stink." She stuck her tongue out before heading in the bathroom.

***

You adjusted your outfit as you looked at the venue. "NB2" you read aloud. You've heard about the place, it's operated by YG entertainment but many other artists from other companies also come here often.

"Did we get the wrong place?" Yuqi asked, she was wearing a blue dress, fluttering above her knees. You shook your head.

"I don't think so. This is the address Jungkook texted me." You looked at the phone carefully, the number matched the ones on his text. It seemed unlikely that college students would be able to afford access to this kind of place. Just then, out of the corner of your eyes, you saw Jungkook's figure approaching. With him, were also a few other guys.

"Hey Y/N!" he said when he got closer. "Hey Yuqi. These are the girls I told you about." he told his friends, there was a total of 5, Taehyung among them. They all nodded and smiled at you two.

"Hello, I'm Y/N. Nice to meet you all."

"I'm Yuqi."

They all took turns introducing themselves. There's Jimin, who literally looks like an angel and a baby. Next to him was Hoseok, a ray of sunshine. And then Seokjin, who was by far the most handsome guy you've ever seen. And finally, Yoongi. He wasn't much of a social person, but he has this gummy smile that just makes you giggle.

"That's almost everyone." Jungkook sighed.

"I think Namjoon hyung is already inside. You know how he likes to talk to people." Jimin answered. You all walked inside, Jungkook leading the group and held up a pass to the bouncers outside, who nodded and unhooked the velvet rope from the door. Inside someone led you guys to the back and into a private room. Surprisingly, there were less people than you were expecting, maybe more than a dozen. Then someone approached, and gave Jungkook a hug. He seemed oddly familiar, like you've seen him somewhere.

"This is my friend." Jungkook told you.

"Your friend is Mingyu from SEVENTEEN?!" you exclaimed. You didn't know if you should be amazed or horrified that you wore such a simple outfit.

"Uh, yeah." Jungkook answered nonchalantly. "We grew up in the same neighborhood." Mingyu held out his hand and you shook it with the most delicate touch.

"Have you seen Namjoon?" Seokjin asked.
"Yeah, he's over there talking to Vernon." Mingyu pointed. You all looked over in that direction. You unconsciously let out a gasp. You saw him, tall and muscular. He wore a white sleeveless tee with ripped black jeans. His hair gelled back in a way that gave him a more regal appearance. The group began to walk over to his direction. Your heart beat louder with every step. He noticed the movement and turned, a smile beginning to form.

"Finally, you're here." he said. His voice was smooth, and raspy, like caramel.

"Yeah, some traffic. But anyways, there's a couple of friends I want you to meet." Jungkook answered, then he dragged you to stand next to him. You awkwardly fumbled a little. "This is Y/N."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Namjoon." he held out his hand. You stared at it for awhile. It seemed all social skills had vanished in thin air, leaving the empty shell that is now you. Yuqi gave you a nudge from behind and you extended your hand to shake his. You looked at his face, trying to memorize every details. His little nose, small eyes with monolids. Sunkissed skin. His plump lips. The music began to face and so did the world around you. In the moment, it was only you and him.