Chapter 15

*Ellie*

Annabeth was in my cabin all night, laying in Percy's bed, sobbing. You'd usually think 'wow the great Annabeth, she's going to show some great initiative and go save him!' but no. She sat in the cabin, in which I sleep, and she cried. Bottom line, I didn't sleep a wink. In the morning, I got up around five, Annabeth had fallen asleep but she was still crying in her sleep, though it was more of a whimper. I took a shower hoping it would wake me up, but it didn't. I put on my camp t shirt and a pair of jean shorts. Apparently the massive heated winter effected New York too. I walked over to the arena, where I found Jake tearing a dummy to shreds. "Jake" I say surprised he was up this early.

"Hey" he says, equally surprised to see me. Then he starts destroying the dummy again.

"Is everything okay?" I ask.

He stopped and looked at me. "You leave too much."

"What?"

"You've been gone for months, and I thought you were going to get hurt back when you were at home, and now you're going again, right to the people, or... Or monsters that want to kill you."

"I'll be fine. I always am right?" I say trying to lighten his mood.

"You died." he says plainly

"But i'm not now"

"Second chances don't just happen like that. Maybe it's time to let someone else play hero." says Jake. Then he just leaves the arena, leaving me staring at the dummy he had shredded. This wasn't really a choice was it? I had to go after Percy. I couldn't leave him there, especially in the state Annabeth was in. I couldn't do that to her.

*********

I was on my way to the empire state building. Jake hadn't spoken to me for the rest of the day. Actually I hadn't seen him at all the rest of the day. Anyway Argus was driving me. Annabeth, Piper, and Jason were with me. We got about two blocks away, where I said I would walk from. I handed my pen to Annabeth "Hang onto this" I say and shut the door. I start walking.

I finally get to the door, and when I reach for the handle the ground opens underneath me and I fall into a pit with a thud. It was completely dark except for the glint of a celestial bronze sword... Percy. I walk towards the light. Percy was sitting there ,voluntarily, with his sword out. "Percy!" I whisper "We have to get out of here." he stood and raised his sword above me. I reached for my back pocket, where my sword was located. Annabeth didn't do a good job of hanging onto it. I uncapped it and raised it above me, just as Percy was bringing his down, stopping him from slicing me in half. He was way stronger than me though, so he was forcing the sword out of my hand. It clattered to the ground. He must've been under a spell. I was truly terrified, mostly because this was my reoccurring dream lately. "Percy stop!" I yell. I was backing away from him, and he was slowly coming towards me. "Percy!" I yell again. I turned and went at a full out sprint. I ended up running into a wall, because it was so dark and I couldn't see. I tried to get out of the way of Percy, who being much faster than me, was closing in. Just my luck I ran into a corner. I felt my pocket, but the pen was still not there. I started to run along the wall, but he grabbed the collar of my shirt. "Percy please!" I stomped on his foot, which didn't do much except loosen his grip, so I started running again. Not long after he tackled me and had me pinned in the floor. He held his sword upto my throat. I had tears streaming down my face. He stayed there staring at me for a long time and then he shook his head, as though he was just waking up and unsure of his surroundings. He stood up, and I quickly did too.

I backed away from him. Not long after, he noticed me. "Ellie, stop. You have to let me explain." He remembered everything that had just occured.

"No, just stay away from me."

"I didn't mean to. This isn't my fault, you have to trust me."

"Percy, I can't do this anymore." I continued backing up. "Please just leave me alone." I feel along the wall and find a doorway, I turn and find myself walking directly into a wall. Before I know it, another wall closes in behind me and I was trapped.

A/N

This chapter took way longer than it should have and is way too short for how long it took, but I had a really tough three weeks starting high school, and I hate it. High school sucks! Anyway, don't expect a ton of updates the next few weeks... or months because I am so stressed because of it. Anyway thanks to all of you who are still reading, and Don't forget to vote!