-Proluge-

A star was given to Thranduil. A star which his immortality was bound to. It was precious to him. Though he was not greedy. He shared its beauty to the kingdom. He wore it on the pointer finger of this right hand, never taking it off. He was given this star because his own immortality was leaving him. The reason was unknown, but the elves had to hurry. He had fallen sick and was fading fast.

His son Legolas, travelled to Lorien, in hopes that the Lady Of The Light would aid

His son Legolas, travelled to Lorien, in hopes that the Lady Of The Light would aid. Though Lord Celeborn was hesitant, Galadriel aided him, concentrating the light of a star into a ring. Legolas rode fast back to Mirkwood. Once he reached he saw Lord Elrond, one of the greatest healers already there. Even he couldn't help. Though when Legolas, gave him the ring, hope had filled them. He placed it on Thranduil's hand. There was nothing more they could do.
Days went by, and slowly, the king was awakening. The kingdom rejoiced, that their king would still rule over their land.

1000 years went by and the king wore that ring the whole time. Though one day he made a mistake. He had taken it off for whatever reason and left it in his nightstand. When he returned, it was gone. The kingdom searched and searched but there was no sign of it. Though Thranduil seemed healthy, he knew that whatever immortality he had left would soon leave him once again. But until then, he continued to rule. For 500 years he ruled without the ring. But once again, he had fallen sick.

The ring was on a ship. How it got there remains unknown. A girl no older than ten to the common eye saw this ring in the lower dungeons of the ship. She took it. Keeping it close to her for many years. What she didn't know was that this ring could change the course of the future.