Is it real? 11

Me and Keith made it to the Cafe in one piece, after the adrenaline rush faded away, I actually got off the motorcycle. I slid off of the motorcycle and started trying to balance myself trying not to fall face first into the pavement, Keith took my hand to help me walk, and he lead me to a small table in the back of the small cafe.

After I got my vision back, I looked at the counter, and Allura was baking some cookies to put on display, she wore a pink and blue apron and very shiny earrings. She was obviously going somewhere important to be wearing those. So not to my house, which was pretty good since I didn't want to see her there when she already haunts my dreams and nightmares.

Sadly, we made eye contact; and she beamed. She swung herself over the counter and ran to embrace me into a tight hug "Pidge! It's been weeks! How have you been? We simply must catch up with each other!"

I awkwardly hugged back, my eyes trailed to her earrings again "Hey, your earrings are really nice, are you planning anything special today?"

I regret it

I regret it

I regret it

I regret it

I regret it

I regret it

I regret it

I regret it

I regret it

I regret it

I  r e g r e t  i t.

Allura's cheeks dusted a light pink "Well, I have a date with Lance! And I figured wearing the earrings that I'd wear for him later this evening would be nice, since they're so pretty, don't you agree?" I nodded, a burning feeling swelling in my throat. "Of course! You make them look amazing!" I clenched my teeth and faked a smile, I had no idea why I was so mad about this. Lance is my friend and so is Allura, they make each other happy, I don't know what's wrong with that.

"Allura! The cookies are finished!" Coran called from the counter, Allura shot Keith a quick smile and jumped behind the counter to get the cookies.

  I sighed, and picked up the small menu they had; I didn't even read it, I just... watched it like it would tell me what's wrong with me.
"You don't like her either?" I jumped a bit, I hadn't heard keith speak since before we got on the motorcycle.

  It not that I didn't like Allura, but when she was around Lance I got nervous 'would this be the day she takes Lance from everyone?' Or 'Please don't leave us Lance, we need you.'

But I nodded anyway, because I was never close with her and her personality wasn't really one my friends would have. Keith chuckled "Yeah... she's to peppy, you know? Life isn't all butterflies, cupcakes, and rainbows." I nodded "Yeah, you have to be insane to be that happy." Keith laughed and we sat in silence for a while, it wasn't awkward, but it was comfortable. We sent each other memes and laughed. I almost didn't notice his arm around me.

The door swung open, and two boys walked in. One of which me and Keith knew, Connor. And a boy with dirty blond hair, wearing a blue t-shirt and a broken arm. Connor held his other hand, and they ordered at the counter. Which made me think about Pearl and how she was holding up, I haven't seen her since Lance's sister, Veronica died. But Her and Connor were best friends so she must've known about This boy for a while now.

Connor and the other boy quickly shuffled out of the cafe when their order was done, which made me and Keith, the only customers in the cafe again. An awkward silence passed by while I watched Allura buzzing with excitement staring at the clock.

My heart was pounding, I didn't like it either. It was already 12:45, which was my cue to start packing since the library was a pretty long walk. Keith smiled at me "Hey, do you need a lift? My place isn't too far from the library so I could drop you off there." I thanked him a thousand times and we started to leave the cafè.

  The ride was longer than the last one, and much more terrifying, but then I opened my eyes. Everything was blurry, the lush green trees meshing together with sky blue and the color of buildings as we drove passed them without a second thought. The only thing I could see clearly was Keith and how focused on the road he was, and his mullet flowing rapidly in the wind.

  He must've felt me move my head to look up at him, because he looked at me from the corner of his eye and smirked. Next thing I knew, we were going through back alleyways faster than before. I tugged on his jacket "Keith! What are you doing!?" I practically had to yell because of how loud the wind was roaring in my ears. Keith grinned and replied "Just taking a shortcut."

  He whipped around another building into mostly plain area with no grass or trees, just rocks. I yelled again "Keith! I don't the library is this way!" He ignored me and went faster, until we were headed straight for a cliff. This was it, Keith was a psychopath and he's going to kill us both.

  I covered my eyes, and I waited to feel the impact of the ground, but instead I heard gears and metal turning until there was a loud humming coming from the bike. I still didn't want to look down since I could still feel the air on me, but it was a lot slower than before, until there was a little bounce.

  I opened my eyes, and looked down. The wheels were replaced with some sort of hovering devices. My jaw dropped "Keith... how-" Keith stopped me "it's a bit lonely out here, so I started fucking around with some things." I fake gasped "Keith! Language!" He game me a small smile before turning back to his motorcycle "it still needs a lot more work though, we almost didn't make it."

Since I was in no rush to get home... "I'll help you out with it!" Keith gave me a warm smile and invited me in his little shack.

The library could wait.

A/n hi guys! It's been a bit, but school has been hectic and I'm sort of failing some classes so I've been trying to get those up. Those bolded words in the chapter actually make a hidden message which tells you some important parts about the next few chapters sort of. I hope I didn't have you all worried that I was gone for good! See you guys later!