Chapter 17

*abby pov*

Hi! My name is abby and i love blt :)

I was having an awesome day in school until blt showed up and crashed our biology class! Then there were alot of sombies which was wildddd lmao 🤪

Now we are in the woods and i am with phoebe who is dead but alive but dead but evil but good and with sydney who is filled with a quiet rage! Once we get back to the camp site, we can maybe make some smores with the rest od the group and tell scary stories! Ugh, that would just be the bomb dot comb.
But now we are atanding in the middle of the woods holding a number os sticks and trying to find put way back. We could just use the sun except it is 2 AM anf we do bot nknow where we are.

I think its this way! I said confidently, walking towards the camp yes definitwlyth the camp.

"Then thats the directon we r not going!" Said stdney. "U r a hot mess and you never make good choices?"

"Fair but unfounded. Where do you want to go?"

"This way!" Stdney pointed the opposite direction.

"Cool! Im pretty nonconfrontational so lets just do that."
"Wait, l said poheoebe. "Did you hear that?"

We turned around and there was an entire zombire hoerded right vehind us! We screamed!

We threw the sticks in our hands at the front lines of zombies and ran screaming deeper into the woods. I didnt even realize how far i gavd run intil i looked around and there was nothing but darkness and trees and like some moss. I couldne even see sydney or phebe. We must have gotten separated. I hid behind a tree to catch my breath and tried to not to cry. I hoped the zombies wouldnt find me. I hoped the other two were ok...

*SyDn pov****

"Phoebe, come on, run faster!"

"Im leterally dead!@ she whined, "i am physically incapable of moving faster!"

"Youre holding me up! Dont be a negative nancy!" I ran back and picked her up by her waist then kept sprinting forward. The zombies couldnt catch us — we werent quite headed back to base, but we would be there a hell of a lot faster than the zombies would.

I heard crunching leaves and glanced behind me to see phoebes legs stumbling along, trying to keep up. Whoops. When i picked her up i forgot to get the rest of her. Happens to the best of us ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I turned around and made to grab her legs with my other arm but they tripped and crumpled on the forest floor. I was a bit surprised and set her top half down to help her bottom half up but tjen a group of zombies came through tje foliage and we wrre walmost surrpunded!

Phoebes top half screamed. "Agh! Zombies!"

"Hush!" I surveyed the group, trying to think of a way out.

The front lines advanced kinda lopsided and reached for phobe. Shocked, i stumbed back, closer to the center of the clearing.

"Wait!@ phoebe yelled, begging sympathy from an apathetic mob. "Im a zombie, im one of u! Dont hurt me!"

The zombies at the front knocked her out and crowdsurfed her back until i couldnt see her any more. I guess i was on my own. The zombies advanced on me and i made an escape olan to junp inro the treetops.

"Stop," someone said in the crowd. I thought i recognized the voice. The sea of zombies parted and i saw someone that i thought i would never see again. "Take the girl alive. We have other uses for her."

With a groan, zombies swept forward and pulled me off of my feet into their discguarying arms.

"We can't have her seeing where we're going, though. Knock her out."

I gasped! With anouther obedient groan, the zombies put their hands over my mouth and, as i was passing out from the pure rancor, josie laughed maniacally and adjusted her lopsided tiara. "That's more like it," she droned.

My eyes rolled back and everything went dark. She'll pay for this.

*abby pov*

Ssh, whatever. I knew they would be fine. They were always fine. I started walking again, composed, and after a certain point it felt more like a peaceful stroll in a park than a disastrous escape from undead attackers. Funny how that happens sometimes!

Before i knew it, though, i smelled rotting flesh and i was surrounded by zombies! I started hyperventillating and dropped to the ground, forming a static ball shape at a low level with both hands covering my head. But then i heard a voice...a voice that i had long forgotten.

"Why so down?" Laughed mackenzie. "Don't worry...we won't kill you. Yet!"

I looked up, horrified, just in time to see maya crack her knuckles and hit me with a right hook. I fell backwards, head throbbing, and she and mackenzie adjusted their tiaras. With a laugh and a high five, maya hit me again, this time sending me into darkness.

Owie :(