8

Julian knew that he should be thinking about how Dingdong was physically, but as the ambulance arrived all Julian could think about was himself. How could he have let this happen? Is this it? Is it all going to be over? He knew he was being selfish but he just couldn't help it, mainly because of the fact that he didn't want to face reality. The reality, however, was something Julian would have to bear in order to understand his situation, and it was going to be hard.

He stared at the door. On the other side, they were attempting to stabilize Dingdong. Julian wasn't crying, just staring. Then his heart leaped as the handle to the door twisted and the door opened. The doctor walked out, clipboard in hand.

"What's wrong with him? Do you know yet?" Julian questioned. He sounded like he was only a shell of the man he used to be. 

"We already knew what was wrong with him, his lungs were weak. Its just gotten worse and uh. one collapsed." Julian choked slightly.

"Did he already know?" Julian asked as his voice became raspy.

"Yes, he's known for a month or so. He's actually really lucky you called an ambulance because we could have lost him."

"He's stable then?" Julian looked at the doctor with hope in his eyes.

"Yes, but he will need to be kept here while we perform a lung transplant. It will be risky and it will also cost quite a lot."

Julian nodded as the doctor walked away. He creaked the door open slowly and quietly walked over to the bed. 

"You'll get better, I just know you will." Julian whispered as he caressed Dingdong's unconscious face. "I'll be here the whole time. I love you." Julian planted a kiss on his lover's head before moving over to the seat adjacent to the bed.

Hours had passed and Julian was now joined by Chris, who had brought some water and snacks. Chris sat next to Julian, making conversation to try and help keep Julian sane. Suddenly, the heart monitor started going quicker and Dingdong's eyes pried themselves open. Julian quickly arose and moved over to Dingdong. 

"J- Julian?" Julian gently took Dingdong's hand in his.

"I'm here Dee." Julian cracked the first smile he had all day, and Dingdong smiled back.

"What happened to me?" Dingdong's eyes were filled with worry.

"Your lung collapsed..." Julian averted his gaze "and they need to do a transplant." When their eyes met again Julian could see the heartbreak in DD's eyes. 

"But.. we'll scrape the money together and we can get you all fixed up. You'll be back home in no time at all." Julian said in an attempt to try and convey as much positivity as possible.

"Dude, I'll put money into it and so will the others and soon we'll have enough." Chris chimed in, putting a smile on Dingdong's face. 

"I'm sure the patrons wouldn't mind us putting a month's pay towards your surgery." Julian said in a comically hushed tone. Dingdong let out a raspy chuckle that led to him coughing. 

"Thank you so much guys." 

A/N

Wow! look who's posting again!! I'm back and I've been working on some stuff in between school so there's a few short books coming. I think there's only gonna be one or two more chapters to this book then the finale will arrive. Add my snapchat if you're bothered about updates n shiz : arinisegg 

(my screenname will come up as alien conspirator!!)

- Matt