Waking Up

Annabeth's POV

"The day is done,

It's time to sleep,

And with this world

To make my peace."

-'And as We Part' by Ruskin Bond

What is death? Is death a thought that the enemy should die from our hands, or is death to stay alive in the battlefield being scared of the enemy?

Coma is the line separating death and life, you don't feel anything but, people do say that you can hear while you are in a coma, If I knew before getting up what all happened during these two years, I would have already crossed the line to death. A lot can change over two years, a lot and it did, and it was terrible.

Someone was calling out my name, I couldn't tell who it was. I slowly opened my eyes expecting a bright light but, all I got was darkness. I could tell it was a pretty big room because the room was lighted up by candles.

"Ah! You are finally awake!" came a voice from my left. I turned my head towards that direction. It was Jason.

"Jason?" I asked.

"Yeah, It's me. How are you feeling? Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, just thirsty. Where are we? Ah! I can't remember anything" I tried to move but soon realized that my hands and legs were chained. "And why am I chained up?"

"Calm down. I don't know myself that where are we, I tried to ask them, but they didn't reply and about the remember thing I don't remember what happened during these 2 years." Jason answered.

"What? Two years? Two years have passed? How?" I was shocked.

"They told me that we were in a coma for two years, actually we were put in a coma. See, I don't know much about it, because I woke up two days ago only. All I know is that we were in a coma, and today they brought you in." Jason answered.

"Who are they?" I asked.

"The Giants" Jason answered sorrowfully.

"What? The Giants? How? Gods, I don't understand anything." I was so confused. I couldn't believe, Jason and I were in a coma for two years. What all happened in these 2 years? Where were the rest? But if we were here chained up and the giants were roaming free that meant-

"Gods! Don't tell me Gaia won"

He looked down. His silence answered my question.

"But. How is that possible? I mean". I trailed off. I couldn't comprehend what was happening.

"Annabeth, do you remember what happened during the attack?" Jason asked.

"Attack? What attack" I asked.

"Attack on the ship, on 1st August." Jason tried to make me remember. "Two years ago"

And suddenly everything came back to me and it was not good.

FLASHBACK

"It might be our last night together, Seaweed Brain" I said

"Maybe, but I promise you, we will never be separated again." Percy answered

"Never" I answered back. Surviving Tartarus together has definitely improved our relationship. And now if I lose him after surviving Hell, then I will personally curse the fates.