Breaking out

JASON'S POV

"Finally!" I huffed and threw the chains on the floor, "Gods, how much time did it take?"

"The food arrived a while ago, so, I would say it took us a day," Hazel said while rubbing her red wrists.

"Ok, we need to make a plan to get out of this hellhole. We need to make it now and fast" Annabeth stated.

"But we don't have any weapons on us, how will we fight with them?" Frank asked.

"Jason you have your sword disguised as a coin, check your pockets it's likely you will have it somewhere," Annabeth suggested.

I nodded and checked my front pockets the coin wasn't there. I checked my back pockets and felt a circular object there I pulled it out and as excepted it was my coin. I threw it up and the coin changed into a sword. I shook my head, these dumb monsters.

"Ok, so, at least we have one weapon," Annabeth continued "Now, we will get out of this room and of course, attack them."

"The door could be locked," Hazel commented.

"No, it's not. I don't know if you have noticed but, I have actually never heard the clicking of a lock whenever they enter or go out. So, I assume the door isn't locked" Annabeth said.

"I too, have never heard the clicking of a lock." I chided.

"Anyways, Jason because you have the sword you will be at the front, you will be the first one to attack. Frank, you can turn into any fatal animal and attack from the back. Hazel and I will be in the middle, Hazel has her mist powers and I have my wisdom to talk to Selene." Annabeth explained, "Everybody cool?"

We all nodded.

I went first and carefully opened the door. Huh, so it really wasn't locked. I pushed open the door and got into my fighting position excepting an attack from one of the guards. But, no one attacked. I stepped into the empty hallway.

"What the-" I turned to them, "No one is there"

"Wow, do they really think that we are that weak that they didn't even put a guard or well, a lock?" Hazel huffed.

"Well, it's a good thing for us," Frank said.

"Whatever the case is, remember that we were defeated the last time we fought, and this time we have to win," Annabeth said.

"Don't worry, we won't" I assured her, "Let's go."

We moved forward. The hallway was lit with white lights and I could see a turn. Just as I rounded the corner I bumped into a big thing. I looked up and saw a monster gawking at us. Before he had the chance, I stabbed him in the stomach and covered his mouth to mask his scream.

I could hear footsteps coming towards us.

"Well, here they come, get ready," Annabeth said.

Frank quickly turned into a bear and I dusted off the golden dust and continued forward.

Three monsters turned around the corner and saw us standing, they looked at each other and rushed forward.

With a battle cry, we rushed towards them.
When I reached the first monster, I tried to stab him in the gut, but he dodged it and pushed me on the floor. I quickly turned back and sidestepped to the left just enough and his fist passed a hairs' breath from my face.

Quickly, before the monster could respond with a follow-up, Annabeth swiftly punched him in the mouth, knocking the wind out of him.

Before the monster could recover again, I swung my sword at him and sliced his midsection. He howled with pain and pounded at my chest causing me to fall onto the floor.