Darkness

PERCY’S POV

Life is just like a story; they both start to end at some point and the decision about their end happens in the start itself.

I was stabbed in the heart. Most people would die by that, but I didn’t. Instead, I went into a coma for two years. Why did I wake up now? I don’t know. Maybe it was the time to wake up my sleeping destiny.

I groaned. Why was I feeling as if a car had just run over me? I could tell that I was lying on a sofa bed. I stretched like a cat and let out a yawn. I slowly opened my eyes and met with a bright white light, I quickly closed them again. As the parts of my body were gradually turning on, I finally got up and sat on the bed, rubbing my eyes.

I opened my eyes again and looked around the room. It was a pretty small room with white walls. This wasn’t my room, I realized.

I quickly jumped out of the bed and looked around the room with confusion. I was pretty sure this wasn’t the Argo 2.

Suddenly, everything came back to me. Annabeth, the fight, everyone dying, me being stabbed in the heart, my eyes widened.

I quickly looked under my shirt, “What the Hades?” It was all healed up, there wasn’t even a scar.

I opened the door and got out of the room. “Annabeth?” I shouted, “Hello is anyone there?”

I heard some shuffling and took out Riptide from my pocket. But as soon as my eyes met with a familiar set of electric blue eyes, I lowered my sword.

It was Thalia.

“Percy?” Thalia whispered.

She ran towards me and engulfed me in a hug.

“Thalia,” I said and hugged her back, “How are you? And where are we?”

“Percy...” She hesitated, “Listen, go and take a shower first, then we will talk, okay?”

“But-”

“No buts, the bathroom is in your right.” She said and pushed me towards the bathroom.

                                   ***

I sat down across Thalia on a chair, “Ok, now tell me everything. Seriously, where are we and most importantly how am I even alive? I was stabbed in the heart!” I exclaimed. “And, where are the others? Do you know where Annabeth is?”

“Calm down, Firstly, I am so relieved that you are finally awake. I knew you would wake up soon, after Leo and Piper-”

“Wait,” I cut her off, “Leo and Piper?”

“Yes, they are also here, in fact, they will be returning soon” She replied.

“Just…tell me what happened. I am so confused.” I begged.

She sighed, “Do you remember anything?”

“Of course, I remember everything that went down that day,” I said.

She perused her lips and stared right into my eyes, “Gaia won.”

I snapped my head back at her, “What?” I yelled, “But how? I mean...”