Chapter 5

Nicole's POV

I woke up and could barely breathe those memories of what happened in 8th grade keep coming at the speed of a baseball. I check the time the clock reads 2:05 am. I look to see if everyone was still asleep. Then suddenly get a flashback.

*FLASHBACK 8TH GRADE*

"Kang...where are you?" 

I hear Chan's voice boom through the hallway.

"I know I should've just studied at home." I whisper running down the main building hallway.

"I don't wanna hurt you, I just wanna talk."

He sounded closer.

"Come to Chris."

I stop midway noticing he was on the other side of the hallway, I turn left going towards the swiming hall, that's when I get cornered by a huge group of people my little brother being thrown toward me.

"Just take me, leave Jake out of this."

"Don't you think it's a little to late for that."

"Chris I'm serious, I'll talk I'll even send you the test answers if you leave him alone."

"That's funny because...." he grabs my little brother by the collar of his shirt.

"CHRIS STOP!!!!"

I run to grab Jake but Chan's friends dragged me back.

"BANG CHAN, I'M SERIOUS STOP."

He stops and looks at me almost sympathetic, then he shakes his head and glares at me again.

"You're gonna wish you never stood up to me again." 

He pushes Jake into the deep end.

"JAKE....JAKE!!!!"

I push the guys off of me and run to the pool only to have Chan pull me away.

"LET ME GO YOU ASSHOLE!!!!!"

He just chuckles.

"Next time you'll think before steping up to me, I toy around with whoever I want including you."

He lets me go and walks away.

I immediately jump into the water grabbing my little brothers lifeless body and bring him up to the surface.

"Jake speak to me."

I start doing CPR as I was trained.

"JAKEY SAY SOMETHING!!!!!"

No pulse and No breathing, I tried for another 15 minutes and nothing, I finally gave up crying and calling for emergency where he was pronounced dead. My 8 year old brother dead because of me.

*END*

And every since that day I blamed myself for his death, my family may have forgiven me but I will never forgive myself. I get out of bed and go to the bathroom and wash my face.

"I'm about to do something I'm gonna regret but what's about to be done needs to be done for you Jake."

"Don't do it." 

"Huh?"

I shake my head.

"Don't do it Nicole, it's not worth it."

"But to me it is little bro, wish me luck."

I shut out the lights and go back to my room I throw on a black hoodie, I then go to my mom and dads room grabbing my dads .45 magnum and his knife.