Interlude: The Knight's Victory

Author's notes: Sorry for the late update! This is an interlude chapter before the big chapter after this. Enjoy!

Interlude: The Knight's Victory

She ran through the alley as fast as her legs could carry her. Why? It’s because she was being chased by someone. Who? She wished to know too.

Her white battle armor clanked with every step that she took. With her short and small stature, the white armor was really bulky on her. Despite the bulkiness, she couldn’t feel any weight from it as if it was a part of her body. Her dark tanned skin glistened with sweat. Her long black hair flowed behind her as she continued running. Fear clenched her heart as it forced her to keep on running.

She was confused. For several days, she was thrown into this deserted cityscape without any clue of what to do for some time before waking up back into reality. All she knew that people tried to kill each other during this period with superhuman powers and capabilities. For several days, she managed to run away from any confrontation and battles by utilizing her own powers.

But not today…

Today, she was hit with a vision filled with killer instinct. That feeling struck fear into her heart and for some reason; she knew she was being chased. After a couple of minutes, she had another vision, this time from someone else. Then, she knew that more than one people was pursuing her.

That’s why, she ran away faster today.

Once she reached the end of the alley, she took a sharp left into the streets. From the looks of it, it was similar to the Little India of KL; the place where she lived. Both sides of the streets were filled with deserted shop houses. The shop houses had a distinct Indian decoration motive all over it. Even the street lamps had an Indian decoration motive.  

Her thoughts were cut short when she felt something was coming. She ran even faster. She was scared. She knew she could die here and that’s the last thing she wished for. She doesn’t want to cause her single mother more pain than before.

Then, she saw it.

From the alley in front of her, two men came out; one with smooth grey hair and another with a rough patch of beard. Both men were in white battle armor, similar to hers but with a slight difference. The grey-haired man’s armor had a bigger breastplate than mine and his armor covered both of his arms as well; whereas hers only covered my body. The bearded man’s armor was big and bulky. Everything of his armor was big. His shoulder plates had spikes sprouting out from it. Both of them had a strong aura around them.

She stopped on her tracks immediately. Her heart raced faster as she recognized the aura. It was the same as she felt in her visions.

She stepped back in fear. Run, her heart said, but she couldn’t. Something was rooting her into place.

The grey haired man spoke.

“Hello, little girl. I see you’re lost. Can I help you?” His words reeked with ulterior motives.

“You’re scaring her. You need to be gentler,” said the bearded man. His words too was no different than the grey-haired man.

“Oh, I see. Sorry about that. Let us introduce ourselves,” The grey-haired man bowed slightly.

“I’m Panglima from the House of One.”

“And I’m Perwira from the House of Four,” the bearded man bowed slightly.

“We seek for you because we found you interesting,” the grey-haired man said. “You were so interesting that somehow, we need to eliminate you,” That statement sent fear down the girl’s spine.

“Sorry for intruding, it won’t be that painful,” said Perwira as he held out his right hand in front of him. Panglima followed his actions.

“Seru!” Both of them said simultaneously. Instantly, a bright light blinded her for a moment before disappearing. When her vision cleared, she saw Panglima holding an elaborated lance and Perwira holding a big, round shield.

She wasn’t able to stand awed admiring the majestic weapons as the wielders ran towards her, weapons drawn. She reacted by focusing on the mark on her chest. Darkness shrouded her as if the light disappeared from the area around her. The darkness spread out to the two men. Her assailants stopped their charge as the darkness engulfed them too, blinding them. Seeing her chance, she ran forwards, passing the two men.

Her small success was short lived when she felt her legs were being swept off the ground. She tumbled down the rough tarmac, scraping her unarmored arms in the process. Pain registered into her mind. Despite that, she tried to stand back up.

She couldn’t react when a shield hit her hard in the face, causing her to fell down backwards. She could taste blood in her mouth and sheer amount of pain from her face. She couldn’t even groan before a lance struck her sides, chipping away her armor and a part of her abdomen.

She rolled from the impact. She was a bloody mess. The pain rooted her. She can’t move. Such power…who are those men? She could hear footsteps getting closer and closer. This was her fate…to die in an unknown place as a martyr of a battle.

Then, a gong was heard and her body disintegrated