Prologue

“I’m nervous.” Liam whispered, squeezing my hand. We stood back stage with the other guys, waiting for them to call us on stage. 

“It will be okay babe.” I paused a moment, waiting for him to turn his head, but he didn’t so I grabbed his chin, making him face me. “I promise.” I said before pecking his lips. 

“You lads are so cute.” Louis surprised us from behind, putting his hands on our shoulders. I chuckled in response to him. 

“Go! Go! Go!” I heard someone from the team backstage yell to us and my feet were, before I knew it, Liam’s hand was pulled away from mine and we were on a set in front of at least two hundred people. 

“Hey guys!” her girlish voice boomed from in front of me. “Hello Ellen!” I heard Harry greet her back as he hugged her first. Her making her way down the line of us, me being last. 

After we were all seated and comfortable, Harry first, Louis, Niall, Liam and then I, she took a deep breath and then exaggeratedly said, “So how are you guys!?” her smile wide, her eyes squinting with it. 

“Great.” We all muttered with smiles in return. She asked us questions, made jokes, and showed a slip from earlier this morning backstage. She had managed to scare the living shit of Harry. We were all laughing messes, watching the video again. 

“That will never get old.” Louis said chuckling and patting Harry’s back. And we all laughed with the two of them. 

“Well, the show is almost over, but before we go… I was told that you guys have an announcement to make.” Ellen said with a smile looking at our five pairs of eyes for confirmation. “Uhh, yeah.” I said clearing my throat. I looked over to Liam, who looked like a lost puppy. And I looked into the audience, that was filled with a lot, of young girls, and many with moms. I cleared my throat, “Me and Liam are, uh-” I stuttered nervously, “We are together.” I said linking my hand in his. 

There were shrieks from the audience, followed by screams and shouts of “YES!” “I KNEW IT!” and “GO ZIAM!”. I looked into the audience to find, most of the girls jumping up and down with smiles spread across their faces. I smiled looking over at Liam, who was smiling back at me with tears in his eyes. 

“That’s wonderful boys!” Ellen shouted over the girls with a smile.  After the audience managed to quiet down she asked, “So how do you boys feel about Zayn and Liam’s relationship?” 

“I’m happy for them.” Louis said smiling. “Yeah I think it’s great.” Niall said also smiling. “And you Harry?” Ellen asked him. He looked at me, his face hard, he looked as though he was in pain, a lot of it. Suddenly I felt as though I could burst out crying. How could the way someone looks at me, make me feel like that? 

He turned his head looking back at Ellen with a smile, nodding his head, “I support them and am very happy for them.” he stated.

Then why the hell would he look at me like that!?