Chapter 5

After their kiss Harry had said sorry and ran out of his room and into Louis’ when Zayn didn’t say anything. He knew that he did it for sure this time. Zayn would hate him. Liam would hate him. Niall would hate him for trying to break up his best friends and so would Louis. 

But he wasn’t trying to break up his best friends. He was trying to figure out what to do. He was so confused and he though maybe if he kissed Zayn, it wouldn’t feel right and then he could forget about to whole thing. But he was wrong. It felt right. It felt more than right, it felt perfect. 

When he kissed Zayn, it felt different than kissing any girl he had kissed before. He felt a shock run through his whole body starting and his lips and then warmth took over him. He loved it and wanted to do it again. He wanted to be able to do it whenever he could. 

“Harry please tell me what’s wrong.” Louis pleaded to crying boy, planking across his bed, but he just continued sobbing. “Is it about Zayn?” Harry hesitated for a moment before nodding his head. He didn’t know why. He didn’t want to tell Louis, Louis would hate him for doing such a stupid thing but he needed to get it out and talk about it. How would he come up with another excuse for his sobbing?

“Did something happen? Harry please talk to me.” Louis begged again. Harry got up onto his knees turning to face Louis, his red and puffy, his face soaked in tears and his curls, matted down onto his forehead and cheeks.

“What happened?” Louis asked tenderly.

Harry sniffled and took a deep shaky breath before saying, “I ruined everything.” causing new tears to fall from his eyes.

“What do you mean?” Louis asked. 

“I- I kissed Zayn.” He replied sighing and putting his head down. He waited for Louis to explode throwing an angry fit yelling at him for trying to ruin the band but there was silence. He looked up to find Louis with a shocked look on his face. 

“Say something?” Harry pleaded. But Louis sat speechless. He didn’t know what to say to the boy. Should he congratulate him for having the courage of following his heart? Should he scold him for making Zayn cheat on Liam? What should he do?

“Why?” was all that came out. 

“Because, I was hoping I wouldn’t feel anything.” Harry replied.

“And?” Louis asked.

Harry sighed looking down again, more tears escaping his burning eyes. “I am going to take that as.. you felt something.” He said quietly. 

And Harry nodded his head.

“Come here mate.” Louis said wrapping his arms around Harry and pulling him into a tight embrace. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“So Zayn and Liam, how is everything going between the two of you?” the interview asked cheekily smiling at the couple who sat together on the small couch, placed there for the five boys. 

That was the question that killed him every time. The question that sent Harry’s stomach dropping, bringing his heart with it. A lump grew in Harry’s throat as he watched Liam and Zayn lock eyes, the love in them, very apparent. They smiled, lighting up the room with there happiness and spoke of how it was going well, and how neither had felt as strongly about another person before. Harry felt as though he was going to burst. 

“Well that’s all the time we have…” the interview spoke, the boys said their goodbyes, and Harry quickly left. As he was walking away, he felt one tear escape his eye before he wiped it and all signs of sadness away.