08

Luke

She typed on her phone to someone as we walked normally this time. I didn't look because I didn't want to invade her privacy. Plus, it might just be Calum so I wouldn't care. I wonder if she told him she was hanging out with me. I would just love to see his reaction. Maybe that's why has hasn't texted me all day today. Or it was because he was actually busy for once.

I wondered if she even thought about me, just randomly. As a friend, because that's how I think of her.. It's weird to have a friend just randomly pop into your thoughts in the weirdest time of day. Maybe she thinks of me as her enemy. But she wouldn't ditch her romantic interest for an enemy, would she?

Her eyebrows scrunched together, seeming as if she was mad. Her eyes were just pinned to the screen of her phone. Did somebody upset her?

"You okay?" I asked, concerned. I was concerned, we can't spend the whole time together all sad and angry. Especially since it's our first time hanging out with just us.m

Her blonde head nodded, "Just weird to hang out with someone I hardly know.. for all I know, you could kidnap me."

I let out a tiny chuckle and sighed humourlessly to myself. Why did she think i'd kidnap her?

"come on, you know me a bit.. you're my tutor." I nudged her elbow, causing her to stumble a bit.

"I don't know anyone who would even ditch someone for someone who they're tutoring."

"That just makes it more unique and original," I smiled at her.

I tripped on a part of the sidewalk that was sticking out. Me being the idiot I was and not looking, I almost fell and looked like a true idiot in front of Ivy. Her small giggles was all I heard until they turned into laughing fits. She clutched her stomach, trying to breath normally.

My lips pouted as my arms folded over my chest. To her, I probably looked like a five year old not getting what they wanted. Who knows, maybe I am one.

-+-

"Casa de Hemmings" I gestured towards my front door, to which I unlocked with my key.

My mom wasn't home at the moment, she was currently out having some fun with her girlfriends. Who knows what they're capable of doing with themselves.

Ivy stepped in first, sliding her shoes off next to the door. Next were my shoes that slid off. I told her to take a seat on the couch in the living room while I get us both water bottles.

My phone vibrated as I placed it on the counter next to the fridge. Grabbing the cold filled water bottles from the fridge, I unlocked my phone and found a message from Calum. I only shrugged and placed my phone back on the counter, leaving it there before walking back towards Ivy on the couch.

"So, whatcha wanna do?" I asked as I sat comfortably on the sofa.

"I recall someone saying something about glow sticks?" she smirked.

Rolling my eyes, I took the two packets that were placed on the coffee table. I handed her one and she snatched it quickly. "Fiesty," I laughed. "I have more upstairs, but I'll get them if I actually need them."

She attached a few onto her wrist and then a few on her neck. I followed her and did the same. She had more green than me and I had more pink than her. I took one of my pink necklaces and placed it on her head as a halo. She did the same with her green.

At first, they didn't light up a lot because it was light around my house. I turned off my kitchen lights and upstairs lights. I turned on a little lamp in the living room so we were able to still see.