04

Luke

Y'know, it takes a lot of knowledge to tutor someone. Calum apparently thought Ivy had that knowledge, which she doesn't at all. All she does is sit there, throwing the damn books at me. This is my sixth or seventh tutoring session, yet we do nothing. I don't see how this is helping my cause at all. I'm still dumb.

She finally looked up from her phone as I watched her, about to pass out from doing nothing. She quoted an eyebrow at looked down at the books and back at me. I knew what she was thinking. She was thinking of why I'm not teaching myself or why I'm not dead yet.

"Can you at least try?" I suggested and sighed.

She rolled her eyes, like she does every hour of the fucking day, and put her phone away. She over dramatically yawned. She was making me tired just by looking at her.

"Can you at least stay awake?" she replied back in the same tone I used. I widened my eyes for her, telling her I was awake. She stretched her arms and leaned on the table, staring at me. From what I can tell, she was copying me because I was staring at her before she did it.

If she wanted to play the copy cat game, then shall be it. I'm best at this game and nobody can beat me. She yawned silently, me mimicking her. Since she flipped me off, I flipped her off. She started to think of what to do, I can tell by her expression and the finger tapping on the wooden table.

Out of nowhere, she made a funny face. Her eyes were cross eyed and her fingers were widening her mouth. I couldn't help but laugh at her. It just wouldn't stay in my system and we would be yelled at anyways. My laughter was silent luckily.

My hand clenched my stomach as it was starting to hurt from the laughter. Ivy starting laughing as well, I guess I was contagious. I felt like I was about to throw up from laughing so hard.

After I calmed down and wiped the tear coming from my eye, I sighed contently. A smile was still shown on my face and hers. Now that I saw her face, I couldn't stop seeing the other face. I loved when people crossed their eyes and made funny faces, it was hilarious. I guess it was more hilarious to me then anybody else because I couldn't do it.

"Your laugh is so contagious," she giggled.

"Your face is contagious," I said quickly, the words spluttering out of my mouth.

Immediately, my hand went to cover my mouth as she held a confused expression. I didn't even know if what I said made sense. I didn't understand it and I'm sure she didn't either. It just slipped out of me, automatically.

"What?" she nervously laughed, looking at me like I'm psychotic.

Way to ruin the moment, Luke.

"I-I don't even-" I sighed frustratedly. "I'm dumb so you should know I'll say dumbass things like that."

"True," she leaned back and stretched.

I was curious if we were at the friends stage yet, I mean we had a lot of sessions together already. We talked a lot, but not other than tutoring or school. And Ivy really seems genuine as a friend, since she still has Calum. There friend relationship is what I always wanted, it was adorable and they could do anything. Calum would protect her and be stupid while Ivy would do favours for him.

I can tell Calum was more of her best friend than Stacy was. I mean, Stacy was their best friend and all, but I only see more with Calum and Ivy. I wonder if they ever kissed, to just test it out when they were younger. I would do that to my best friend, seeing that nothing can ruin their friendship. I wonder if she even has kissed anyone. Calum did mention to me that she doesn't hang out with people in this school, but with people outside of school. I don't really blame her, they're are more people outside of this skank hotel.