09

Ivy

My mind has been all over the place. I haven't been paying attention in class, I haven't been paying attention to anyone really. I'll think about one thing and then think of another. My mind will bring up unicorns and then change it to blue eyes. I'll be thinking of what my plans are, then a second later I'd be thinking of blonde hair.

My mind is trying to tell me something, but I'm not sure if I want to know.

Connor hasn't spoke to me since last week. I've tried texting him, but I'm pretty sure he ignored the texts. Was it that bad that I ditched him? It was one night, can't he see I was getting tired for one day?

I stared directly at the bookshelves as I thought, and thought and thought. The bad thoughts were visiting now, and I couldn't get them out. I just want one response from him, one. One response to reassure me that I'm not going crazy.

One.

-+-

"Ivy, get up," a faint whisper was heard.

"One more minute," I whined quietly, trying to keep my eyes shut.

My arm was gripped and shook. The hair that laid on my face was put aside. A yawn escaped my lips. My tongue hovered over my dry lip.

"Come on, we're already late for class."

My head shot up while my eyes opened quickly. I pressed the home button of my phone, the screen lighting up. It displayed the time, indicating I was late for class. I'm guessing I fell asleep while waiting for something.

My eye wandered around my location. Bookshelves were around me and a tall blonde. He smiled once he realised I was looking at him.

"When did you get here?" I asked, stretching my arms a little and shaking my head.

"Hm.. I don't know, twenty to ten minutes after our lesson started?" Luke tried to remember.

My eyebrows scrunched, "why didn't you wake me up then?"

He shrugged and took a seat on the chair that was facing me.

"I was wandering around our area, bored and didn't keep track of time." he said. "but I actually did find some interesting-"

I hit his arm with a textbook. He glared at me as he stopped mid sentence. I placed all the textbooks in his bag because I definitely didn't want to hold them for one day. I already had enough weight on my shoulders to even count. I even noticed Connor never texted me back either. No notifications or anything, it said read and it didn't say read before. What if he tried to send me a message but it failed because bad phone reception? Ivy, what has this boy done to your brain? Can't you just stop?

I sighed as I slid the last book in Luke's bag, he didn't seem to mind. He seemed to be concerned, about what though?

"What's the matter, Ivy?" he sat forward on his chair, placing his hand on my forearm.

I stared at his hand rubbing my arm. It felt comforting and nice. It calmed me down a whole bunch. I took a deep breath and released. My eyes wandered everywhere until I looked back at his hand again. It was still soothing me.

"It was stupid, nothing is wrong anymore," I told him and looked at him.

He smiled, "that's good.. do you want to stay until next period or do you want a late pass to class now?"

His voice was still quiet and calming, I wondered where the other Luke went.

I smiled back and responded with choosing the late pass. He took a blue piece of index cards out. He wrote with pen and wrote neatly, so neat I didn't think it was his hand writing. I didn't even know who's handwriting he was forging.

He released the pen and handed me the card. I read it and was amazed at the handwriting still.

Late pass from

Nurse Tyson, x

"Wow, you're a good forger.. I'll ask you if I ever need another one of these."

He shrugged, admiring his work.

"Now, we better go before the librarian comes back from her lunch break and noticed us," Luke turned his head towards the table in the front of the library. When I looked, it was a blur but it didn't look like she was there.

We snuck out the library, like the sly ones we are. We walked side by side down the quiet hallways. I found it weird how he walked me to my classroom, but hid.

The blue index card was still in my head when I entered the classroom.

"Ah, there you are Ivy. Do you have a late pass?" I handed him the blue index card. "Nurse Tyson is always keeping students late." he shook his hand and waved me off.

I sat in the corner in the back. This is the class where I just doodle and drew in my notebook. And that was exactly what I was doing for the rest of the period. Well, until I got interrupted by a moron.

"Blue index card, eh?"

I picked my head up and looked at Brendan, wondering why he's even talking to me.

"Nurse Tyson is your excuse," he started. "but funny how it's not his handwriting.."

I confusingly stared at him, questioning where he was going with this topic he chose. He shrugged and placed his pen on his notebook after closing it with the cap.

He turned towards me and smirked, "reminds me of Luke Hemmings' late passes from last year.." I rolled my eyes. "It sure is Luke's handwriting."

"Brendan, I don't know why you're bringing Luke Hemmings up if he's not even my acquaintance."

"Hun, if he gives you his special late passes, you're more than his acquaintance." he snickered. "Those were one of a kind and that's why he never got caught, nobody else used them." he stared off towards the window. "but you just did, and he hasn't used them all year yet."

"You're full of bullshit," the bell rang just in time as I stood up from my seat. "Luke and I aren't more than acquaintances."

I grabbed my books and rushed to next period, glad that I don't have him in my next class at all. But I do have Stacy, so lord please help me.

A.N

FINALLY I UPDATED GUYS. HOPE YA LIKE IT

BRENDAN IS SO NOSY AND ANNOYING OKAY

BUT YES LUKE USED THOSE CARDS LAST YEAR AND HE GAVE ONE TO IVY, THE FIRST ONE OF THE YEAR AND HE GIVES IT TO IVY TO USE. HE WAS MORE LATER THAN HER SO YOULL SEE WHY SOON X

ILY X VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASEEEEEEE

READ MY OTHER FICS TOO XX