01

Ivy

"Dad?" I desperately yelled inside the house, searching every single room that we have in this apartment complex. It looked pretty and huge from the outside, but it's as tiny as a peanut. I'm actually surprised we can still afford it since my dad doesn't have an important or big job. He switches jobs here and there because he either gets fired or he quits. And every minute he isn't at his job working, he's either drinking or smoking at clubs.

He's an okay dad, I guess. He doesn't really pay much attention to me, but he doesn't abuse me either. Overall, I'm okay with him. I have to be okay with him, I would have no other place to stay unless I find a job. Since mom left us in America, dad thought it'd be great to start a new life in Australia. That was when I was younger, I wasn't too fond of the idea, but now the idea was genius. I hated America, or the place I lived in. I loved Australia, everything was different and the accents were amazing. In the summer, I'd always meet hot guys which was a plus.

Yeah, I had hotties in my school. But they're all douches and make me unattracted to them. A few of them asked me out and I found out they aren't really attractive as they look. I'm fine being without a boyfriend from my school. However, I'm not fine being without a boyfriend from anywhere in Australia. At the moment, I'm a single lady. But trust me, I have been through relationships. Some of them I enjoyed and miss, some were just plain stupid.

My last long relationship was with Connor about five-six months back. I'm still affected by it just a tad. He moved, I stayed, what more can I say? I do still talk to him and we video chat a lot. I might be affected, but I don't know if I still like him or not. I guess the way we controlled our relationship was what I miss. After I tried getting into different and new relationships, they weren't quite like ours, but I'm still trying.

"Oh my god, dad! Where are you?" I shouted and rubbed my hands over my face. He was supposed to be home since he had to leave in ten minutes for work. All i want is money for shopping later. He usually gives me it anyways just to get me off his back and get me away. We don't communicate as much as we used to.

When I checked the clock on the cable box, I groaned even more. I have twenty more minutes to get ready, eat, and head to school. And I'm still in softball shorts and a tank top.

After coming back out to the living room in clothing appropriate for school, I slipped on vans to match my black hoodie. My hair was in waves and my eyeliner was applied perfectly, not too much. Grabbing an apple from the kitchen, I noticed a small sticky note on the fridge.

Went to work early, had to do errands

Money is on the coffee table.

-Dad

The money was gripped by my hands and placed into my pocket as I rushed out of the house and to the school.

..

At school, I wasn't popular and I wasn't picked on, I was just with the crowd. My looks would sometimes pop out to popular people and I have no clue why.

"Hey loser," Calum appeared next to my locker.

I shut my locker after grabbing a few books and notebooks, "I'm sorry, but I'm not Calum."

He placed his hand dramatically over his chest, "hurtful!"

Giving him a little punch on his shoulder, we started walking together as Stacy showed up. The three musketeers, as people call us. We're always by each other, well mostly. We make each other laugh and we hook each other up. Our trio is definitely something I never want to get rid of.