12

Ivy

"So," Brendan startled me as I slammed my locker closed and saw his annoying face.

"Do you always stalk people like this?" I ask blatantly.

"It's not stalking," he rolled his eyes in annoyance. "It's getting information."

Snorted, I said, "for what, your mom?"

He dreadfully looked at me before changing the topic to something I didn't like to talk about to him. He always has to bring up Luke Hemmings whenever I'm around or he's following me while I'm alone. If nobody finds that stalkerish, I need to see a therapist.

"Anyways," he coughed. "You and Luke are definitely nothing more than acquaintences.."

I sighed, hating this statement already. "Yep, we are nothing more than acquaintances."

"Liar."

"How are you going to tell me I'm lying?" I snapped.

He cleared his throat. I know that he's going to say some bullshit or evidence of him stalking me again. He just can't let it go that we are nothing but close acquaintances. How many times does someone have to yell at Brendan to get him to back off?

"First, he talks to you a lot.." he started. "And when he broke it off with Angie last week, he went directly to you and talked to you about it."

"That doesn't sound like stalking at all," I said sarcastically, while walking off.

He followed right behind and commented, "And he hugged you, acquaintances don't do that."

"You know what else acquaintances don't do?" I stopped in my tracks to turn around and stare directly at him. I shoved him with one finger. "They don't stalk the other. So, back off and hop off my dick, will ya?"

I stormed off this time, but inbetween it, he shouted at me, "He's going to make a move one day or another!"

-+-

Waiting at the table, I decided to scroll through my phone. Luke has been confusing me on whether he's coming early or late to tutoring. This week he has been showing up early a few times, but they were all random. He'd show up three minutes early then the next he'd show up ten minutes late. Who knows how long he'd take today?

It's been awkward together, but a comfortable awkward and I don't know why. There's just something different, the way he's acting now. He said he was heartbroken and sad that he broke up with Angie, yet it seems so fake and unrealistic. He's literally happy every second of the day now. It not only scares me, but scares Calum and everybody else. I guess some people just start to seem happy when others aren't pushing them down.

And then shuffling of feet were heard. As I looked up from my phone, Luke came walking. Again, I was flabbergasted to see him early. What happened to those days where he'd show up twenty minutes late? I miss those times, I saw less of his face and more of my phone.

"Hi Ivy," Luke smiled as he took a seat across from mine, at the studying table. Yet, we haven't even studied that much. All we have done is talked, laughed, and did stupid shit. I tutored him for only a week, now this is just useless. The last time was Tuesday this week. And all the times that I've taught him, I've chosen the subject because he's too stupid to make up his damn mind about shit.

"I'm surprised you keep showing up ten minutes earlier every time now," I responded as I dragged all my dirty blonde hair up and tied it off to keep it in place with a black hair tie.

He nervously chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck, "well, I-I guess I just wanted to get this over with already?"

He was talking too hesitantly and I was unconvinced by his words and actions. It was obvious the blue eyed boy was lying.