CHAPTER 15~(Once we protect, We REALLY protect)

ASH's PoV

"Ihh, Winter naman eh! Sorry na! Talaga namang sasabihin namin sayo pagkagising mo eh! Akala kasi namin tulog ka pa kaya ganun. Ihhh~"

Maktol ni Zach pero hindi parin siya pinapansin ni Winter. I thought she will break down again. But she just turned her back and crossed her arms. Like a kid.

"I know that you will tell me. It's just that... my brother kept that from me for years."

Well, she's not wrong about that. Kung ako ang nasa sitwasyon niya. I would really loath my brother.

"May rason kasi Wints. Intindihin mo nalang ang kuya mo. Remember what he said? Siya yung inunang target ni A. He didn't tell you because, he doesn't want you to worry about him. That's what brothers are like." Tuloy pa ni Zach.

"You're talking as if you're a brother." Winter said that made me look at her with widend eyes. So as Ace.

You just said the worst thing Wints.

Tinignan namin si Zach at nakitang nakatitig din siya kay Wints. But with mixed sadness and anger with it. Here we go.

"Wala kang alam!" Biglang sigaw ni Zach and went straight to the door and slammed it close. That was harsh.

We looked at Wints and also her eyes are big now. "Did I s-say something wrong? What happened to Zach? Is he okay?" She asked worriedly. Mukhang napamahal na nga siya saamin. Nilingon niya kaming dalawa but we just shrugged. "Come on. I want to know. Besides, you know everything about me now." She continued.

Nagkatinginan muna kami ni Ace bago ako tumango sakanya.

"You know Wints, Zach was a brother, before." Ace said.

"What do you mean, before?"

"Before her little sister died."

Pagkasabi no'n ni Ace ay biglang napaupo si Winter. Woah, what's happening?

Nilapitan namin siya at dinamayan sa floor. Hehe.

"Hey, are you okay?" Tanong ko at tumango lang siya at pinunasan ang mga mata. "Wait, why are you crying?" I asked.

Kumapit siya sa balikat ko at niyakap ako bigla. "Dapat hindi ko nalang iyon sinabi! When I saw how Zach reacted a while ago, I saw how his eyes dropped and sweat. I haven't seen him like that before." She said that made me peek at her face with a surprised expression.

This is not her. She doesn't cry without any good reason. Maybe she was shocked from the terror Daryl gave to her. And also from the revelations. But why like this?

"Are you sure you're okay Wints? You don't seem like what you were before." Ace noticed too.

And not only her personality changed, also her expressions. From poker and straight, it became light and carefree. Is she really like this before?

~*~

Zach's PoV

"Wala kang alam!" Hindi ko namalayan na nasigaw ko kaya sa hiya ay nagwalk-out ako. "Ba't ka naman daw sumigaw Zach!" Bulong ko sa sarili ko. Hindi pa ako sumisigaw sa isang babae ah! Oo, dahil sa hiya kaya ako nag-walk out. Akala niyo dahil sa galit 'no? Haha!