Introducing Lorelai

My name is Lorelai Grace Williams. I am a 17 year old teenager. I am how you would imagine the stereotypical nerd to be. I am a little reclusive and a bit of a bookworm. I grew up in the small town of Grace Hill. My family has lived here for as long as I can remember and my mum said they loved the town so much they had to name me after it. My mum is sentimental like that. Her name is Rosie and she is the most important person in the world to me.

"Lorelai Grace Williams stop daydreaming and come and eat your breakfast. It's your last day at school you don't want to be late" my mum called from our kitchen.

I rushed downstairs to see my mum getting ready for work whilst my dad, Jake, finishes up cooking the pancakes. My twin brother Liam is already at the table devouring three pancakes at once. How girls could be interested in him I will never know. My brother and I are complete opposites. He's Mr Popular, the person all the girls want to date and all the boys look up to. And of course he had to be good at sport, whereas I can't walk around without tripping over something; even air. I sit down at the table and start to eat my pancakes.

Just as I finish up the last of my pancakes, I hear the sound of a car honking. That's my best friend, Hope, she's the most gorgeous person I know. (Hope's picture below) We have been practically inseparable since we were 3 years old when her family moved in next door. She is one of the few people that I can always be myself around. To most other people I am just seen as Liam's sister, or the nerd.

After I jump in the front seat of the car, I greet Hope with a hug

After I jump in the front seat of the car, I greet Hope with a hug. We only saw each other yesterday but I missed her so much. "Hey Hope, how was your night?"

She looked at me for a minute before putting the car into drive again and giving me a description of her nights events. As she begins to speak, the radio in the background begins to play One Kiss starts playing (youtube video attached) and we dance along to that whilst she explains the story of how her little brother got into her room and wrecked it, and how her parents blamed her for the mess. We stopped to pick up our other friends on the way to school. Jane, our blonde, bubbly and ever cheerful friend (Picture below),  joined our friendships group when we started school. I was being picked on by a group of mean girls and Jane stood up for me and we've all been friends ever since.

Lastly we have the two boys of our group

Lastly we have the two boys of our group. Andrew who we all call Andy and Ryder. (Picture below - Ryder on the left, Andy on the right) They joined our little group in high school when there was no where left to sit at lunch but with them. We all got along that day and have been the best of friends ever since.

As we arrive to school we all climb out of the car and head towards the school

As we arrive to school we all climb out of the car and head towards the school. "I'm so thankful it's the last day of school for the year." Just as I announce that, we hear the roar of a motor bike getting closer to the school. Then someone pulls into the parking lot and takes off their helmet. It's a guy and I've never seen him before. I may be classified as a nerd but even I can see that he's hot. (Picture below)

Well this day just got a whole lot more interesting

Authors Note:
Hi everyone, thanks for reading the first chapter of my book. Sorry it's a work in progress. I just had this idea floating around my head and wanted to get it on the page. I will probably be going back to edit it. Feel free to give me feedback. I would love to know what people think. Please keep in mind this is my first book and I'm doing my best. Thanks, Em ❤️

P.S. please vote to let me know you like it

Edited by