Questions

"Eliza." She looked up at me. "We'll have a funeral for your friend. Can you come to my house? I'd like to ask you a couple questions." I said, looking at her.

"Y-yes your highness." She stuttered, standing up.

I hugged her and we walked back to my house. Claira stayed outside as Eliza and I walked inside and into the living room. She sat on the chair across from me.

"What was her name?" I asked, placing the small urn on the coffee table in between us.

"Zara. Her name was Zara. She was like a sister to me." Eliza said, as tears formed in her eyes.

I gave her a tissue.

"It's okay. I'm going to figure out what happened to her." I said, looking at her.

She nodded her head. 

"I know this might sound a little strange but did Zara have any enemies? I know she was a kind girl but did she ever upset anyone in the slightest?" I asked, looking at Eliza.

"No. Not that I know of anyway. Zara was a nice girl. She helped whoever needed it. She didn't care if they were a witch, wizard, pureblood, dhampir, werewolf, or elf. She loved to help people." Eliza said, looking at me.

"I understand. Thank you for your time. It's almost light out. If you want, you can stay in my guest bedroom." I said, looking at her.

"Thank you, your highness." She said, standing up.

I lead her to my guest room and she went inside.

"Thank you again your highness." She said, looking at me.

I nodded my head and smiled. She smiled back and closed the bedroom door as I walked to my room. All vampires and dhampirs sleep during the day and are awake during the night, but me, I'm different. I do both from time to time. I sat at my desk, pulled out my journal, and opened it to a blank page. 

"I know I wanted to help everyone here but it's getting harder. I had to use my powers and it's taking a lot out of me with all these recent deaths of Purebloods and Dhampirs. I love my people and all but if I have to keep using my powers five times a day, every single day, then it is going to make me weak and I'll get sick." I wrote in my journal.

I rubbed my eyes then closed the journal, put it in the desk drawer, and went to sleep. I woke up and got changed into a different long sleeved dress. I wasn't aloud to show my tattoos. Even though most royal vampires have tattoos, it's against the law for them to show. I can hide my tattoos but it's a little painful when I do it for the first time. My mother used to tell me that she loved hiding among the humans to calm herself.

She said they weren't much different then vampires. I couldn't leave my people without a leader though. They all depend on me. I shook my head and walked out of my room. I walked downstairs and out of my house. I saw Claira and Eliza talking. They both noticed me and bowed.

"We'll have the funeral today. I just have to get everything set up. After the funeral, Claira." She looked at me.

"Could we meet at my house so I can talk to you in private?" I asked, looking at her.

"Of course your highness." Claira said, looking at me. I smiled and walked off. 

After a couple hours of setting up then having the funeral, Claira and I went to my house and sat in the living room.