Seven and a half.

The grandeur of the Sidratul Muntaha
Flourished with the addition of Timur. The house became somewhat a home with more than three people.
We ate breakfast, lunch, and dinner together but never did he slice his way to speak to me.
Pride...Oh pride, it takes a knife like a wound to gulp it down.

"He should speak first" I roasted walnuts on the pan.

"You are baking him a cake but deny speaking to him" Mum chucked.

Petrified of these feelings I knew would not last well in his shade.

But where was Awan? It has been three days since I have seen him.
He is such a waste to need.

"Where is Awan!?" I spoke in exasperation.

"Here, Madame" he came with white bread in his hands.

"Where have you been?" Repulsive and anxious I placed the white from his hands on the counter and added tea leaves to stir up the chatter.

"Nowhere Miss. How have you been with your sweetheart?" He asked and the silence shot in the room. Mum stared both of us. He instantly realized the vexatious blunder he paused and bit his tongue.

She rather laughed and left the kitchen.

"Staple your mouth Awan" I cried.

"I was eager, I apologize" he rubbed his arm.

I blinked. Saw the dark hair eagle inspect the garden. Awan along the same sight inspected him.

"He seems arrogant" he spat.

"He is ignorant" I glared.

Awan smiled, took the teapot, a cup with his cup and mine to the garden. Why there!?

The cool breeze fastened the walk and the small chair and table where Timur had acclaimed his sole abode, Awan trenched out his action.

I shook my head.

He stood at the side, winked at me.
Timur, as he takes no notice, was joined by me and I had to make a room for Awan who felt giddy for no reason but isn't Awan always unreasonably strange?

Timur coughed, the cold still pricking his voice. Awan suddenly stood up and I noticed for the stance my father approaching.

"Oh, well!  Are you happy now Laraib!" He spoke in a cheerful voice like the weight of stones have lifted from him.

"Timur! Happy is she! Have you recollected your stories?" He enquired. My father, the man who I cannot see smile these days, his happiness, his pleasant demeanor moves me.

"Yes, father!" I hurried "Thank you so much!" I looked at Timur, his breath plain, his eyes occupied far from sight, his lips stale, no animation he holds, no speech he delivers.

Father then caught sight of Awan, he smiled and said "Awan, serve Timur well. He is Laraib's dearest. Hand them their tea"

Awan was quick to listen but Timur placed his hand over the tray "Join us please" he said and poured the tea into the cups. Father saw Timur with grim silence.

He handed a cup to Father but he smiled and rejected it. Humiliation and embarrassment rang like loud bells of the church into the silent garden.

"Awan" Timur gave a cup to him.

"How do you know him?" I wondered.
Timur did not answer, Awan, relaxed on the chair and cross smiled.

"Your mother introduced him to me this morning but it was brief" Awan answered.

Why? I felt my right being taken away. I wanted to introduce them myself.

"What ails you?" Timur asks and Awan burst into easeful laughter.

Indignant and cross I wondered if all my emotions were so brightly presented on my face all the time that they do not hesitate for a second to pick it up and vex me.

I scowled at Awan who rather enjoyed such demeaning countenance of mine.

"That was humble, I really appreciate your gesture" Awan became now more serious in his speech to Timur who did not even realize what just happened. He rather nodded and left the scene.

"You, Awan did not tell me you have met him beforehand!?" I complained.

"Oh, you never asked. He is so much like you Miss, I am guilty of making atrocious and grotesque assumptions of his being"

"Like me? But I recall you said, you and I were Alike?" I stared the empty teacups.

"Yes, I still Concord to the statement. You and I are alike but so is He" he confirms.

"Your statements are so confounding" I spoke perplexed. Then he picked a lily from the garden and said "Rare, you belittle him. He was naturally affirming to the values you and I hold"

I sighed " It has been so long. It is like I do not know him. You have changed me, Awan. When now I see him it feels like earlier I have only looked at him"

"You must talk to him" he encouraged.

"But why doesn't he?" I screeched, my hands covered my head. The lurching winds of pride knocking me down.

"Be nice Miss. You won't lose being the first, nobody loses being the first" he handed me another lily.

"Do you really think we are similar?"
I questioned.

"You are not like your own parents. You are like him perhaps you spend more days building values with him than with them" he dusted his scruffy sweater and stuffing his earphones in his ears he grinned wide.

That is true. My foundation was laid by his father not mine. All I was taught was always with him by his father.

"Do not think you are as kind. You are still like your parents, after all, you are their daughter. Oh, genes!" He brutally states.

I smiled, cannot stop him so he continues " A soul Miss, finds another Akin to his own. So you found him, I found you and Mrs. Hameeda cannot find anyone"

I laughed.
His hands behind his back and he just is simply sublime in his own way.
I calm in his ambiance and we both walked into the library where Timur with his leather black diary was listening to soft jazz music.

Awan halted and removed his earplugs.
"Miss, Jazz" he states.

I laughed at how childish and warming he gets with time.

"Timur would you like to join us for an evening to the market," I asked.
He closed his book "Thank you but I would rather stay in, this cold is tiring"

We both left without further inquiry, one laughing, myself raging.

We accelerated to the gate and on my way, I airly informed mum "close the gate Mum, I would be late"

"Is Timur with you?" She asked.
I stopped "He does not want to go"I stressed.

" Yes, he promised me he would see me tonight" she articulated and walked past.

I fumed tuned the knob harshly, opened the door of Fairlane and shut it close gravely. He pestered me with no more jokes. He sure knows how to deal with me, unlike the boy I spent seven years in love with.