Nazar degmesin

Aunt's house was more Turkish than I anticipated.
There prevailed long mahogany carpets, Turkceramics and stained glass art pieces. Dim lights, the smell of sweet baklava from the kitchen.

"So she ultimately did marry Aydin," she said piercing her eyes through me. Her daughter in law placed tea and snacks before us.

Anne tried to convince Aunt defending and flattering me. Aunt stood unimpressed and she was apparently rude to us. I did not mind her gestures towards me but it ached when she said "but it was profitable after all luring her family for years, now their only daughter is yours"

It bit Anne as she shrank. The sole estate of Anne and Timur was written to me, they did not take anything they gave me everything. But I was too tame to say a word.

We returned and I kissed Anne on her cheek and we busted out laughing the insults.

Back Home is so tranquil, the generous pause of vitality, something so wonderful in a house where the Almighty is been called often. We made our dinner, Timur was out on another trip. When we had retired on the sofa, I looked at Anne, "I love you, Anne, thank you for being so kind and humble to me"

She was quiet. I took her hands "would you like some tea, I do not want to sleep early"
So the tea was on the flame and the aroma lay the carpet for Anne to speak and she finally broke her silence "Laraib can I talk to you about Arsalan?"

I smiled and kissed her again "Anne please"

Her eyes glistened and teacups were in our hands we sat in the garden, the roses leaned in to hear us, we all love Love.
"He was so gorgeous Laraib, so charismatic. When we met the first time, his family had come with a proposal and arrange marriages are so volatile, I saw him from the kitchen and I knew, I just knew he was different. We met at the University often, he was a talker" colour returned to Anne's pale face, her eyes resurrected her soul "we married hastily... I discontinued my studies because I was too happy to pay attention elsewhere, he was a good man" her voice quivered.

"Have you seen a sunflower field?" she asked me, I shook my head. She took the cups from hand and placed them in the basin.

"Arsalan once took me to one to see the sunset in a sunflower field. It was the most beautiful day of my life. I saw all the hues of yellow and orange merge like a painting. He photographed me for hours until the sun had completely set, every frame that he clicked he smiled at it in a way that the memory is engraved in me like a promise" she sighed and I hung the cup washed, dripping water and she plucked them and wiped them with a cloth instead "we walked home without shoes till the field ended, that was the day I discovered there is no one in this world who can ever love me like Arsalan does"

She was lost in the memories of him. I was sad he was not with us. Things would have been so different if he were here...Timur would be so distinct...

We both returned to the sofa and Anne looked at Timurs books. "Arsalan was the happiest man when Timur was born, so exceedingly happy to see his son that till his death could not recover from the joy. He wanted Timur to learn as much he could, he loved to teach and Timur loved to learn. We never reckoned life without him. If I had
Discerned, I never would let Timur spend ample time with him, wouldn't let his father spoil him so much, would love him more than his father did but I don't think anybody can love Timur as much as Arsalan did?"

Grief rained on us, we were still. Projected possibilities of what could've been done are so often knocking us down but lastly, I and Anne smiled for one must accept what lived can never be advanced, it was the best, the best Qadr.

" I would ask Timur to take you the sunflower field, yes that is, once he returns you two must visit the fields" she stated and I admitted. I was sure she would accompany us. "Nazar degmesin" she stroked my head.