Chapter 11- Siblings pt1

We sat down and it was silent . I could feel the atmosphere becoming tenser and tenser. My grandmother walked in and said:

"Mimi, Jake and Nina I think you three need to talk abut what has happened so can everyone just wander around for a while until they sort this out."

Everyone left and it was just the three of us in science now.

"Mimi I...I am so sorry" Nina said to me.

I was the youngest child of three and Nina was second oldest, She decided to run away with her boyfriend and live a life with him because our parents disapproved of there relationship.

Our parents were never harsh on any of us so when they said they disapproved it was a shock for all three of us.

I remember that one day she was packing her bags with tears on her eyes and she looked at me and said:

"I hope they will grow up to be like you"

No one knew why she left but those words were the last thing she said to me.

I saw her again when I was 15 at my parents funeral. There was a young boy who hid behind his parents and another little boy in her arms.

I then knew what had happened that day she left and why she left.

She was pregnant.

Tears ran down my face at the funeral and I didn't want to look at her.

I remember saying:

"If the one time you come back to see your parents is when they are dead! Don't bother coming back then" I screamed those words at her through the heavy rain that covered my tears.

That was the last time I spoke to her and saw her.