Chapter 13 -Forgiven

My grandparents walked into the room with anger in their steps.

"MIMIKO!."My grandmother yelled

My body jolted as she shouted those words. My heart raced and my mind froze.

Since I was born my grandparents never rose their voices at me especially my grandmother, who would always have a soft tone.

"Do you think that your parents would want their children to fight? They didn't leave this world just to have you all fight and hate each other."

My grandmother's tone was less harsher this time. She then looked at me and said:

"Mimi your brother and sister want your forgiveness and it seems that you may be the only one to stop this conflict within the family so..."

Her voice was much more soft and calm much more of a tone that I knew.

"So will you forgive them?"she asked

Her voice was like she was asking and pleading at the same time. She looked I into my eyes.

I could see that in her eyes that she just wanted her grandchildren to be happy and I'm pretty sure that's what my parents would have wanted.

I didn't fully forgive my siblings in my heart but I wanted to make my grandparents happy.

I took a deep breath and sighed softly.

"I forgive you" I said quietly

It was quiet but everyone heard it and my grandmother immediately had tears running down her face .

I hugged my grandmother and wiped the tears away from her face and whispered softly in her ear:

"I will make you and my parents proud I promise"