Chapter 22-My heart aches

That day Kingston carried me home as I wept in his arms.

Emotions overwhelmed me so I didn't pay much attention to Kingston staying with me and comforting me all night.

*Next day*

I stretched my arms as I got out of bed and to my surprise Kingston was sitting on the chair beside the bed reading a newspaper.

"Up already?" He asked

"Yeah"

The room went still and the awkwardness began to rise.

"Breakfast has been prepared for you. Just go downstairs and the maid will serve it to you"

His voice was tender and caring and something I thought I would never hear.

Kingston had always seemed like the kind of guy to never tell people what he was thinking but I guess even I could have been too quick to judge.

The day was peaceful and I had little to no work I had to do.

"Mimi?" Tyler walked in and placed a letter on my table.

"Oh yes sorry. I was day dreaming"

"King said this letter was for you. He would have given it to you but he had to go home to pick up papers"

"Thanks" I said picking up the letter.

Inside was a hand written note from Cara. It said that she had fallen down a flight of stairs and she wanted to see me.

"Well I guess I am pretty bored here so I'll go home and then go see Cara."

Once I arrived home I could see that all the maids had lined up outside .

"Why are you outside?" I asked one on the maids.

"Young Master Kingston has ordered for us to go on a break"

"WHAT?!" I was so shocked that all I could do was shout.

"You mean the Kingston who is stubborn and couldn't care about anyone but himself?"

"Y-yes Miss"

I went up to his office to see weather what the maid had said was true or not.

"Master Kingston?" I asked

"You think I'm arrogant?" He answered

"Y-you heard?" I said embarrassed

"Well you were shouting so who wouldn't hear you"

"Anyway what are you doing here?" He asked.

"I'm going to go to Cara to help her out because she her her foot"

"Then I'll come with you." He said.

A part of me didn't want him to come along but then a part of me also wanted him with me.

My emotions had officially gotten the better of me because on one hand I didn't want him seen Cara but on the other I wanted him to be close.

My silence had given the assumption to Kingston that I was alright with it so he ended up coming along.

We arrived there and automatically I could feel tension betweens Kingston and Cara rising.

I could also feel that they needed to talk about something as they kept on giving glances to each other so I told them that I was going to go get some food and medicine.

I wanted to leave them alone to talk but I felt like I was there person holding them apart from eachother.

I waited for 5mins and I know that I should have waited longer but I really just wanted to be with Kingston again and for some reason I felt a protective urge come over me.

I walked to the door and all I heard was:

"Come on King we might as well do what we have been wanting to for years"