Chapter 14 -A scandal?

My grandmother grabbed my brother and sister and put us together in a group.

She smiled at us and said:

"I'm proud of all of you"

She hugged all three of us. With an excited expression she said happily:

"You three dinner will be ready in a few minutes to go get everyone".

We nodded and walked out.

"Oh, do you guys know where Kingston went?" I asked

"Oh I saw him go to the garden," My brother said

I walked to the garden and immediately saw Kingston under an arch. He looked a little upset but under the sunlight, he just looked handsome and stunning.

I bet people don't know how he really is behind that smile. Whatever I should probably just call him over.

"King-" I was cut off by a sudden voice

As I walked quietly closer to the scene I could see what I was dealing with.

"Kingston we can't be like how we used to be. I have a husband and kids and you, you're going to marry my sister-in-law" A woman's voice softly said

"Cara! I can give you everything you want!" Kingston said

Cara? That meant that my sister in law knew Kingston. What the hell was going on in this family?

"Look, Cara, I just want to know why you married him!?" Kingston said placing his hands tightly on her shoulders.

"Kingston I-I really did love you and when I got married to Jake you were the only person in my heart but after he gave me all the love and happiness I could ever want you just left my mind and heart," Cara said softly

Kingston sighed and said:

"I will not give up on you!"

My heart sank for some reason and I felt betrayed I felt something hurt and break in me. I hated this man, he is the devil in disguise I absolutely have no feelings for him.

He will never be in my heart because there is only one person in my heart, Luke,  the most caring person in the world. He was there when I most needed someone the most.

"Cara" a voice yelled

It was my brother's voice. Cara immediately walked away giving Kingston one last look. Kingston sighed and started walking in my direction.

I was going to be screwed if he found out that I heard everything I quickly hid behind a wall praying to God that he wouldn't look back and find me.

I held my breath and didn't move an inch. He stopped for a moment and my heart raced.

I could see that he was looking at his phone then a few minutes later he looked up and opened the door walking into the house.

I sighed and a sense of relief came over me. I slipped down the wall and hugged my knees.

I had just witnessed a big secret. I clenched my chest and tears ran down my face.

Why am I upset?