Chapter 12

Shigaraki's P.O.V

I feel sick.
My body ticks. Stupid tics.

—Hidden,—

"When are you going to attack again?"

The question from Kurogiri bounces in my head. I want to kill hope. All Might, but it's been four weeks since our last encounter with all those fools-

"- could sense the fear from you, Shigaraki."

I stop twiddling with my fingers.
Her voice.
It's her. She's keeping me from doing my duties. Stupid! STUPID!

I threw a glass into the wall, and it shattered everywhere. I breathed heavily, taking the thought of her.
Her scent.

Wrong. Very Wrong.

Y/n's P.O.V

"Get some sleep, Y/n! Byeee!"
The group of my friends giggled as they all run off to eat ice cream.
I denied their request since all I wanted to do was lay down on my bed, close my eyes, and peacefully nap with no interruptions...

I walk back home tiredly, the light of the sun causing a headache each time I looked up to cross the street. F***ing headaches.
I walk towards a bench to sit down when suddenly five young giggling school girls sit down while talking. Aren't they a bit too young to be alone?
I shrug my shoulders, walking past them, looking around for anywhere to sit.
Suddenly I hear a scream. I sharply look behind me, seeing the bench heading towards me!

I widen my eyes, dodging the bench, luckily not hitting anyone. I look to see a metal man, spikes on his body, robbing the little girls!
And this is why young girls shouldn't be alone!

I take off my backpack, throwing it to the side, pushing my headache aside, and running towards the metal man.
I pull up my hoodie over my head, touching nearby telephone poles.
I absorb its energy current, touching the ground, quickly hitting him like a stab to the chest. He falls back.
"Go! Now!" I yell at the little girls. They all run, and I'm left alone with the metal man.

Suddenly I get knocked off my feet, the man running at me to punch me. I fall to the ground,  crawling back. As he jumped on me, I moved out of the way, causing him to punch a fire hydrant. He growls and comes towards me again. Maybe if I send something stronger, it'll bring down his metal.
He throws a punch, breaking the window behind me, but I don't leave without sending something through him. Suddenly he falls to his knees, crying to the floor, his shield down, revealing a simple-looking man.
It was too late for me to notice the other metal man behind me. I was facing down the concrete as the other man pressed my body against him, holding me tightly. I wasn't able to breathe.
"Don't hurt my brother." He then began to cause little spikes to appear around his body. I felt the slow, piercing pain on my back, the spikes now beginning to stab into my back slowly and painfully as his laughs echoed through my head.
I screamed in pain as I found out moving only made it worse. My breathing was fast and ridged, not being able to feel my body, that is when I let out a last shock into the man, causing him to back away, but it wasn't enough.

I fall forward, taking in a huge breath as my elbows hit the ground. Tears in the corner of my eyes, struggling to stand. The pain had me in a grip. I couldn't breathe.
I feel another person kneel next to me, placing me on their body, being careful.
I try my hardest, wrapping my arms around them, feeling their energy, wanting to take in the protection feeling. I look up to see His blood-red eyes as the huge hand covered his face. I couldn't help but force a smile while I breathe heavily.
He looked at me and back at the villains.

"Kill Kill Kill ."
Shigaraki has death in his eyes; he looked dead straight at the troubled villains. He began to walk towards them, letting go of me, but I gripped his clothing, bringing my face close to his ears.
My heart jumped out of my chest as I open my mouth to speak, my body shaking.

"You promised Shigaraki," I whispered loud enough for him to hear.
He looked down at me; I could only imagine how beat up I looked. With my hand on his chest, I could feel his heart pounding at an increasingly rapid pace. I began to cry clenching him close to me. Shigaraki was tense, staring down at me. He was deciding to deceive me or avenge me.

"Y/n!!!!"

"Izuku?" I shakily turn my head towards my brother sprinted towards me, his friends coming behind. I turn my face towards Shigaraki to find him still looking at me and hugging me tightly. The villains were now getting back up.

"Shigaraki, go."
He held me tighter.

"Now!"
He puts me down on the concrete floor gently against a poll on my side, quickly disappearing.

Izuku runs up to me, grabbing me close, not realizing the injuries on my back. I let out a cry causing me to tighten the grasp on his forearms.

Momo quickly creates bandages around me, as I hear the others battling the villains.
"Iida!"
Iida quickly comes, Izuku worriedly handing me over to Iida.
"Take her to Recovery Girl!"

Iida sternly nods, beginning to run.
It hits me like a wave, a dark one.
I'm pulled out like a tide, slipping into darkness.

——————

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I wake up. The smell of blood invaded my nostrils. I flutter my eyes open to a silent room apart from my heavy breathing and the sign I was alive due to the machine. I glanced around the room to discover I was in the school's infirmary—my brother's second home.
I look down to feel the stir of Izuku sleeping, his hands gripping mine.
How did I get here?
I close my eyes, attempting to remember what happened until it hits me like a bus, my mind filling with the memory of it all.
Is everyone okay? Are they safe?

Questions stir in my mind but were interrupted with a faint snore from my brother.

Suddenly he opened his eyes and wrapped his arms around me.
I sighed and hugged him back.
"Y/n, I was so worried about you! I love you so much!" Izuku cried, rubbing his cheeks against mine.
"Are you okay? Is everyone else okay?!"

"Y-Yeah, they're fine." He sniffed.

"Izuku..."

"I'm so sorry I let Shigaraki come near you in the first place."
I could imagine his face swallowed in tears as he holds me close to him.

"He's hurting you now, and it's all my fault."

"Wait. No, it isn't-"

"I should have stayed close to you and protected you, but I wasn't there-"

I pull away, squeezing his face as he cries.
"I need you to shut up, please-"

"But-"

"Shhhhh..."

He waited as I smiled.
"You can't blame yourself because fate decided for me to get hurt. If you're thinking of leaving school because of me, I won't let you. You're here to become the greatest hero and protect Everyone."

"I'm sorry, Y/n."

I kiss his cheek and hug him.
"I love you, Izuku."

"I love you too."

My poor brother. I'm so sorry for lying to you; I can't ignore everything he's doing...

Wrong. Is it wrong to keep lying?