Nostalgia

Nostalgia commonly referred to as a bittersweet memory from the past that you relive at the moment is experienced by most of us at an innumerable number of times.

This one fine day Lola was idly sitting in her room when an image from a few years back flashed in her mind. It was of a page of a book. She remembered the chapter name to be "Grrrr" or something.

In the course of time, struggling through grade 9th and giving boards of 10th the reader in her had forgot one of the best series it had read. That was the moment when nostalgia hit Lola like the cold breeze during early morning in winters. She remembered all the characters from the book, how crazy she used to be to get it issued, how it was just her and the characters, how everything used to be a blur.

It is believed that saints mediate and their souls travel space and beyond it but their body remains at the same place that's exactly what happens to a reader. Her soul had been through dark dense forests, high hilly dangerous mountains, through tides of the sea and valleys but her body had sat on the chair for hours and hours in the same position, completely oblivious to the world and drowning in the world created by another human.

When a child, she had read "the wishing chair" by Enid Blyton and liked it a lot. There was this one day in grade 7th when her fingers picked upon a book named " The mountain of adventure" by Enid Blyton, Lola knew she's a great author so thought to give it a try not knowing that one day this book will mean to her more than a collection of 400 pages.

From 8th to 9th she just didn't grow up more but even changed libraries in her school from middle to senior, the reader inside her was excited to come across new adventures and mysterious not realizing that it'll soon be forgetting the start of it all.

Enid Blyton was not in her senior library and that drifted Lola apart from it. However, those series had a piece of her heart with them that can never be taken back so no matter what she'd always go back to that series. That's what happened two years later in grade 11th she remembered and was filled with nostalgia. The feelings of anticipation of what will happen next and enthusiasm to read the next part were reincarnated in Lola.

Her hormones raged all she wanted to do was at that time to barge in the middle library and take out the series. It had been years she has seen those books and just craved to touch them again. The way Enid Blyton had arranged the 26 letters of the alphabet fascinated the 13-year old Lola so much that it was hard not to be the sixth member of the group of those 5 kids with the two bodyguards, who was there, witnessed it all but didn't do a thing except share all the emotions with the characters.

And this was the best nostalgic moment ever that Lola could remember of.