Novels

Truly said by George R.R. Martin "A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one."For many a novel may be a compilation of pages filled with words but only a reader knows the true essence of it. A reader has not just read the words written on the pages but felt each and every emotion associated with them. They have live in the novel, with the characters.

A novel is a piece of art that keeps the reader so engrossed in its words which makes him forget about his surroundings. You'd often find a wave of emotions passing through a reader's face while reading a novel. One second they are smiling the other they are hugging the book and bawling their eyes out. You're never alone while reading a novel. A novel influences a reader so much that it might change a reader's perspective of living life. The fragments of imagination of the author often leaves an impact on the reader. Whether be it fiction or biography a reader always learns something or the other.

It's overwhelmingly impressive how a reader gets lost every time in the same twenty-six alphabets arranged in different order. An author too does wonders by coming up with different arrangements that have a story line and emotions that have the capability of bewitching the reader and doing wonders to his mind. It's quite astonishing how everything turns blur around the reader, his senses are numb and all he could imagine is the scene building in front of his eyes.

Another fascinating yet heart clenching thing about fiction novels, the author makes you fall in love with a character and then gruesomely kills him leaving you with your misery. That character who was the glue of the group who kept everything and everyone together, who was the ray of light in the darkest of night, the hand offered to a drowning child, is no more going to be there from the next chapter. The demise of that character leaves a void behind which always stays there no matter what the reader do.

Novels have the ability to make a reader attach to themselves so much that even after years of finishing the novel the reader will still yearn to read that novel again. The reader will always feel nostalgic when he'd remember the story again, those moments when he laughed or cried. Ending with a quote which couldn't be agreed any less, 'some books you read, some books you enjoy, but some books just swallow you up, heart and soul.'