Chapter 3: The Test

I suddenly awake in my tent startled then realizing where I was, Neverland. I was trapped on this cursed island with strange boys, I hope my father doesn't know about this I giggled to myself. I smiled when I thought of my father, he was a good man and took care of us when my mother died. He worked harder to keep us living in our cottage but loved me just the same. Every moment we had with each other we spent it was like our last.  By doing chores together, playing, and even hunting to spend as much time together as possible.  As the memories filled me I walked out of the tent getting some air to try and hold back the tears brimming in my eyes. 

  Looking down trying to hold them back and thinking happy thoughts I ran into something hard. I slowly fell into the arms of somebody as a reaction of my body getting hit. I looked at the face of this rescuer/person I ran into and I was shocked to see Pan's. 

"Watch out, you might want to be more careful" Pan said to me with a smirk on his face.

"I'm sorry... I won't do it again..." I stated fearing for my safety. He looked dangerous and I wasn't going to get on his bad side.

"Don't, come with me and we can get that clumsiness fixed " Pan said. I frowned, I'm not that clumsy, am I? Pan saw that I was thinking about what he said and laughed. Giving me another smirk he nodded toward the pit and I followed.

As I sat down on the log Pan stood looking tall with pride. The boys saw this and gather around the pit some standing, some sitting but all were listing to the king of the island. 

"Boys! We have our first lost girl and I think she needs a test to see if she belongs!" Pan yelled making the boys cheer and make loud noises. I panicked, I had to take a test to live here? I could leave, not be apart of their group but I didn't know the forest like they did I would be dead for sure if I left. I gulped and continued to stare at Pan seeing what he had in store for me now. 

"Boys... and well girl I think we need to something grand for this special event." Pan looked over to me scanning me up and down. I held my breath not wanting to provoke him.

" Put her in mermaid lagoon and if she survives she is one of us!" a lost boy shouted.

"No, take her to cannibal cove!" said another, they all started to yell and scream death traps for me. I was panicking by this point, I didn't want to do any of these things, I wanted to live.  

"That enough! I know what we should do... capture the flag." he told the boys they all screamed and cheered and for what, so I had to get a flag that is no big deal.

"How does that prove anything?" I asked Pan while the boys were still cheering.

"Because there are no rules when I play and you are playing against me" he told me with a big smirk on his face.

"Boys Lets Play!" and with that the boys went nuts, Pan was still staring at me giving me an evil glare, oh crap.