Pt. 3

As I rush through the aisles of the small convenience store, I grab what I need. Cream cheese, a few sticks of deodorant, clear nail polish, glow stick, toilet paper, a dozen donuts, ketchup, green food coloring, toothpaste, a few bars of soap, boxed macaroni and cheese, a big bag of tiny little toy spiders, and orange juice as an alibi. This will be perfect. I have it all planned out.
    Jogging back to the Burrow, I work quickly. Knowing that Ron and the twins share a bathroom while Ginny, Percy, and I are sharing a separate one, I jog up the stairs to the boys' bathroom and lock myself inside.
     Sifting through drawers, I find three sticks of deodorant, each bearing the name of its individual owner. I grab Fred's first and pull off the cap. Then, with the help of a butter knife I took from the kitchen, I work the deodorant out of the stick. Then, I unwrap a block of cream cheese and work that into the stick. When I'm finished and satisfied that the cream cheese looks the same as the deodorant had, I place the cap back on carefully and move on to George's deodorant. Then, I do Ronald's. After that, I gather all the bars of soap in the bathroom. I find one on the sink and another in the shower. Then, carefully, I paint the surface of both bars with clear nail polish. Now, it won't lather. So, they won't be able to wash off the cream cheese. Finally, I grab the bottle of food coloring and squirt a bit into their toothpaste, looking forward to seeing the bright green teeth that will follow.
Heading into the twins' room, I pull out the roll of toilet paper and begin covering their room in it. When the whole roll is gone, I cut two holes in it and insert a glow stick through the roll, shoving it in their dark closet. When I open the closet door, the glow stick looks like glowing animal eyes. Carefully, I pull out my MP3 player and find the monster sounds I downloaded last Halloween to play through its speaker. Putting the sounds on loop, I put the MP3 behind the glow stick. It's gonna scare the socks off of those twins.
Next is Ron's room. This one is easy. Ginny told me he's deathly afraid of spiders. Pulling back the Chudley Cannons comforter on his bed, I pour the entire big bag of small plastic spiders onto the mattress. Confident they look realistic enough, I head back downstairs.
In the kitchen, I pull out the dozen plain donuts and carefully cut holes in five of them. Then, with great care, I squirt ketchup into each hole, making them look like jelly donuts. I'm rather proud of the work, but there's no time to admire it. I put away all the donuts but the five, wanting to give one to the rest of the family. I search the kitchen cupboards until I find a plastic jug. Filling it with water, I pull the package of powdered cheese out of the macaroni and cheese box and carefully add the powder to the water. It's the exact same color as orange juice.
I pour three glasses and then put the rest of the jug in the fridge. Taking the carton of real orange juice out of the fridge, I pour myself a glass.
Finally, I'm done. Time to present the boys with the first prank. Bringing the four glasses outside, I hand one cheese glass to each of the boys.
"Thought you might enjoy a cold drink. It's kinda hot out here," I tell them innocently, batting my long lashes.
"Thanks," the boys all chorus.
I notice then that all they've been doing is playing wizard chess out here. Certainly nothing that should've stopped me from joining them. I watch carefully, barely stifling a giggle, as the boys take a sip all at once. Then, as if in sync, I watch as they all spit it out. They look at me with the most shocked faces. I fall to my knees in laughter.
"Did you-Did you just prank us?" asks George in shock.
It takes me a few minutes to answer, I'm laughing so hard.
"Yeah, yeah. I'm sorry. Look, okay? I knew you'd be mad, so I even got donuts to make up for it. Come inside and have one. Please?" I plead with them, acting like I'm genuinely sorry.
"A-Alright," agrees Ron reluctantly, "But only because I really like donuts."
I nod. "Fair enough."
I beckon to the boys, letting them follow me in.
"Help yourself. I didn't know what you guys would want, so I got jelly," I tell them, making sure to keep a straight face. They all just shoot me distrusting scowls.
I watch as they bite into the donuts, and I watch as they spit them out, looks of disgust and horror included. I can't help it. I'm dying of laughter once again.
"I'm never eating again!" Ron cries out.
"We're going to our rooms," Fred and George say, scowling at me.
"I'm going to bed," Ron whimpers.
I snigger, knowing they don't know what they're gonna find.
Two minutes later, I hear the twins shouting at the messy state in which they've found their room.
Three minutes after that, I hear the high-pitched shriek of Ronald finding the surprise in his bed.
Five minutes after that, I hear the girlish screams of the twins finding the "monster" in their closet.
All three of them come storming down the stairs.
"Our room!" shouts Fred.
"My bed!" cries Ron.
"Our closet!" adds George.
"No one pranks us," say Fred and George in unison.
"They prank me," mumbles Ron.
"Someone just did," I remind the twins between giggles.
"Well, my mouth tastes like ketchup and cheese. I need to brush my teeth. Is it safe to brush my teeth?" asks Ron.
"Yeah... What am I gonna do to your toothpaste?" I ask, acting like a prank involving toothpaste is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of.
The boys just huff. Five minutes later, down the stairs come three angry, green-mouthed boys.
"You'd better go clean everything up," Fred scowls at me.
"Yeah, Mum's gonna be furious if you leave everything like that," George adds.
Nodding, I head upstairs and scoop the toilet paper and spiders into a garbage bag along with the glow stick and toilet paper, shoving my MP3 player back into my jeans' pocket.
Then, I toss the toothpaste as well, replacing it with the brand new bottle I got at the convenience store. I'll leave the soap and deodorant for now. They'll discover that tomorrow morning.
Finally, I pour out the jug of "orange juice", washing the jug quickly in the sink before putting it away. Then, I toss away the other three ketchup-filled donuts. All cleaned up, I throw the garbage bag away in the Burrow's dumpster.
Coming back inside, I notice Ron's gone and the twins are whispering in the living room. They sit up straight when they hear me come in.
"I hate to admit it," sighs George. I don't realize he's addressing me for a moment.
"But that was some bloody good pranking," Fred finishes.
"Thanks," I grin.
"So, how would you feel about helping us with a couple pranks that we have planned?" George asks.
"Absolutely," I smile at the boys.
"Friends, than?" Fred asks, standing up and offering a hand to shake.
I take his hand. "Of course. Friends, Fred," I grin.
"Wait, you know I'm Fred?" he asks.
"Obviously. Why?" I ask.
"Our own mother can't tell us apart half the time. None of the family can," George informs me.
"See?" Fred asks. "Ronald, get down here! We need you!" he hollers up the stairs to his brother.
Four minutes later, Ron's trudging down the stairs. "What?" he snaps.
"Which one am I?" asks George.
"Ehh... Feorge?" he questions, combining the twins' names.
George claps his hand to his forehead. "No. Now go back to bed, you useless prat," he sniffs.
Ron just shrugs and does as he's told.
"How did you do that?" George asks.
"Wait, wait! Close your eyes," Fred commands.
I do so, unsure what's going on. I hear the boys scrambling around, trying to confuse me.
"Okay, open them," a voice tells me.
Looking around, I see Fred laying on the sofa and George standing on the staircase.
"Who's who?" George asks.
I point to both boys in turn.
"George, Fred," I tell them.
"Brilliant," Fred cries, jumping up from the couch.
"Tell us how you did it," George insists, running towards us.
"What do you mean, 'how did I do it'? You two look completely different," I tell them.
Now they both just scowl.
"We're identical twins. It's in the name. We don't look different," Fred sighs sarcastically.
"Well, George has that big birthmark right under his left ear, and your eyes are set a bit different," I tell them. I scrunch my eyes up and try to figure out how I can really tell them apart, because I totally made the eye thing up. Obviously, there's the birthmark, but it's not just that.
"I dunno. You guys are just... Different," I shrug.
"Well, that's bloody cool. I can't wait for us to start pranking," George grins.
"Oh, yeah. About that...," I start, jogging to the kitchen and grabbing the soap and deodorant I bought. I hand them to the boys. "Toss yours out."
    "Why?" Fred asks, brows furrowed.
"Just do it. You'll thank me later," I smile.
"You got it," he sighs, deciding to overlook the mysterious deodorant and soap issue. I watch as he starts up the stairs.
"See you at supper, Rey," George tells me with a grin before going to follow his brother upstairs.
I just giggle. Their teeth are still bright green.