Chapter Seven ♚ Will the Wise

AN: Blake's outfit is up top.

"Harrington! Beat his ass so we can go already!" Blake yelled as she sat in the high school gymnasium bleachers

"Harrington! Beat his ass so we can go already!" Blake yelled as she sat in the high school gymnasium bleachers. She had decided to ditch sixth period, which was English and she knew it wouldn't affect her grade to leave, to watch Steve so they could hang out right after which was their free period.

The boys playing were on two teams, the skins and the shirts, and Blake's least favorite person was on the skins team. The boy kept looking over at her and winking, which she was getting annoyed by, but didn't let it show.

They continued the game, Steve and Billy seemingly always neck and neck showing off to their peers. "Alright, alright, alright! King Steve everyone!"

Steve scoffed, "Jesus, do you ever stop talking?"

Billy laughed, looking over Blake who was picking her nails, "What are you afraid coach is going to bench you now that I'm here? Huh?"

The boy pushed Steve out of the way knocking him over and jumped, dunking the basket. The kid next to him gave him a high five before he went over, seemingly looking like he was going to help Steve up. He grabbed his hand, Billy pulling him in very closely and saying, "You've been moving your feet. Plant them next time. Before I charge."

He laughed, throwing him down and walked away to Blake who saw the end of the interaction and was making her way over to the pair, "Hey, Princess."

Blake clenched her jaw, not in the mood to deal with the mullet-wearing asshole and brushed past going to Steve. She stood over him, holding out a hand which he took thankful and pulled him up easily.

"You okay there, Harrington?" She smirked, wiping a hair out of his face. Steve gaped for a moment before he said, "Yeah- yeah, I'm fine."

Blake laughed at the boy and Steve just watched her in awe, never hearing a sound quite like it. She rose a brow, "Alright then, if you're fine go take a shower. No offense, but you stink."

Steve gasped playfully, "What? No, I don't stink."

Blake only laughed harder, the whole gym full of boys looking at her, "Yes, you do. Go on, I'll wait for you."

With that, she left, everyone in the gym watching her leave. The boy shook out of his thoughts, walking over to the locker room and taking a shower.

About mid-way through, Billy Hargrove went to the one next to him and started speaking, "Don't sweat it, Harrington."

Steve inwardly cringed hearing his last name from the boy, the only one being Blake who normally said it.

"Today's just not your day, man."

Tommy, Steve's ex-best friend who was across from him, laughed, "Yeah, it's not your week. You and the princess break up for one day and she's already running off with freak's brother."