Chapter Nine ♚ Dig Dug

AN: Blake's outfit is up top.

A short while after telling herself to get it together, Blake came out of the bathroom, angry and determined

A short while after telling herself to get it together, Blake came out of the bathroom, angry and determined. She went to the living room, hearing everyone in there along with a new voice say, "Huh, you drew all this yourself?"

Will nodded and Bob let out a nod in appreciation, "Why, exactly?"

Joyce turned to the man as Blake went up behind Mike, putting an arm around his shoulders, "I told you the rules. No questions. We just need you to help us figure it out."

She started walking to the kitchen, everyone following besides her boyfriend, "Bob! Over here!"

The man snapped out of his thoughts as the woman grabbed an orange crayon, drawing a large 'X' over where Will had told her Hopper was. "We just need you to find out where this is."

"That's the objective find the 'X'," Mike explains as Blake crossed her arms. Bob nodded, "Yeah? What's at the 'X'? Buried treasure?"

"Okay, listen very clearly," Blake darkly started stepping closer to the man, "I don't have time for you to dick me around. Either you help us find where this is, or I kick your ass out. Your choice."

Bob's mouth was left agape, never even meeting the teenage girl before this. The man turned to Joyce, dragging her to her room and the girl groaned.

Unnoticeable to everyone, Will narrowed his eyes at Blake, tilting his head to the side analyzing her. He watched as her and Mike interacted, her running a hand through her hair before going over to the coffee machine and pouring herself a cup of coffee that Joyce just brewed. He snapped out of his thoughts hearing Bob and Joyce run down the hallway, talking loudly.

"That's the Quarry and if you follow it naturally it moves to the river," Bob pointed as the trio in the kitchen walked out and came into the living room where him and the older woman were. "Don't you see it? The lines aren't roads but they act as roads. It's not a puzzle. It's a map. It's a map of Hawkins!"

♚ 

"There's nothing here," Blake groaned leaning her head on the cold window. After hopping into Joyce's car, everyone was peering out of the windows as they drove down the road. Will, Mike, and the girl were all in the back, Blake's backpack on her lap and her weapon in the back in the trunk. "Are we close?"

"We're... in the vicinity." Bob answers causing Blake to hit the door, frustrated. Joyce and the man started arguing in the front of the car and Blake turned around to look at the boys, only to see Will who had his eyes closed but moving rapidly under his lids.

His eyes flew open, "Turn right."

"What?" Joyce questioned. "I saw him!"

Everyone besides Bob started yelling, "Not here, in my now memories! Turn right!"

Mrs. Byers veered the car in the told direction, hitting the pumpkin patch sign and almost running into Hopper's truck.

"Are you three okay?" She questioned, turning to the three in the back who were in shock. Blake nodded for them, jumping out of the car and going to the hatchback. She threw her backpack over her shoulders, grabbing the bat with barbed wire all over it and started running until Joyce caught her by her shoulder strap.

"What's Jim doing here? What's happening?"

"What's happening is my Dad is trapped down there and I'm going to get him back." Blake rolled her eyes. Joyce gave her a look, "No, you're not."

The teenager started to protest and Mrs. Byers grasped her shoulders, saying, "Blake! You're going to stay here and protect the boys. I'll go down and get him. I promise you I'll get him back."

Joyce looked pointedly to the girl who just huffed and went back to the boys. The trio watched as Bob and Joyce slid into the ditch and start digging.

Mike looked over to Blake, who was biting her lip, and grabbed her empty hand, lacing their fingers together. "It'll be okay, Blake."

The girl nodded and walked way closer to the ditch. "Do you see anything in your now memories?"

Will answered him with a shake of the head. A sudden rumbling sound erupted from behind them, Blake turned around and went to the front of the pair, "Well, shit."

From the street, Hawkins Lab vans pulled in all around the kids, Blake getting her bat in the swinging position. The men jumped out of the SUV's and made their way over to the ditch, all wearing hazmat suits and some had flamethrowers. 

After a few minutes of Blake fighting with the some of the men, Will fell to the ground groaning taking her attention away from her previous argument. She ran over to him as Mike yelled, "Will, are you okay?"

Both of his friends knelt down to him, "Will?"

The boy flipped over, laying on his back as his eyes rolled into the back of his head and started to uncontrollably seize. Mike, in shock, stepped back as Blake set her bat on the ground turning the boy on his side and started counting.

"Step away from him, he needs space!" She yelled as she continued to count in her head, something she knew to do when people had seizures.  Blake kept her hand under his head, keeping it so it wasn't directly on the hard dirt beneath them but didn't touch him besides that, even though her instinct was to hold him.

"Somebody get Joyce out here now!"