Never Sleep Again (The Russian Sleep Experiment)

(This isn't really the REAL event that happened but it's a alternative to it, okay?)

I woke up early that morning to get some breakfast. I opened the fridge and sighed, there was hardly any food to eat for breakfast. Living life in Russia was hard. I grabbed a jar of peanut butter and sat at the table with a spoon. I ate the peanut butter in silence, the peanut butter wasn't satisfying. I went upstairs and plopped on the bed, still tired. I knew that I had to get up again to go to the factory at where I worked. 

I removed myself from the bed and changed my clothes. I walked out the door and walked to work. It usually takes me 20 minutes to get there but today, I took a nice slow stroll which made me 10 minutes late. My boss yelled at me for being a little late than usual.

"WHY ARE YOU LATE, VLADMIR?" Viktor, my boss, asked me.

I sighed, "I took a little stroll f-."

"TIME IS MONEY, VLAD. You're getting a deduction. I'm tired of your games," he tried calming down. 

"I'm sorry, boss. It won't happen again," I mumbled. I scratched my head and walked over to my workstation. I started to sew a shoe. 

Later in the day, some Russian soliders came into the factory. The had heavy guns and a couple scientist with them. They looked at all of us, their faces unreadable. The walked over to my boss and spoke in low voices. I could make out a couple of words like, "There's this experiment.", "Your workers.", "You can't refuse, we have permission from the goverment." 

A bulky solider walked up to us. From what I can tell from his badge, he was a Private First Class. "Okay, fellas. You see here, we need 5 of you for this.....experiment. So in other words, if you fail to cooperate, you'll end up like this." He fired a full round of his M16A4 at a nearby worker. He fell to the floor, blood quickly seeped across the floor. We all gasped. 

He laughed, "So which of you will volunteer? Or will we have to choose randomly?" No one spoke up. "Fine." 

He drew our names by random. "Alina." She started to scream as the soliders picked her up and put a bag over her head and made her kneel down in front of the other workers. 

Viktor looked away and went into his office. The First Class solider laughed, "Okay. Name's Steiner by the way. Okay, next we have, Alexei." They took him away but he didn't fight it. 

Steiner drew two more names, "Valeriya and Vera." They screamed and kicked the soliders. One solider drew a tazer and stunned them both. They were placed with the other two. 

Steiner laughed, "See, you guys need to stop trying to fight this. It's not going to get you anywhere. Lastly we have, Vladmir." 

My jaw dropped in awe. My name was picked. "Wait, wait, wait. Do we get paid for this?" 

A solider snorted, "Sure, why not."

We were jostled into the back of a van. Nothing could be seen since they left the bags upon our heads. Cries could be heard from the others, but I kept quiet. 

A guy shouted, "GUYS! Shut up!" It got quiet. "I know what they are trying to do to us." 

"What's that?" I asked him.

"They're trying t-." I heard a loud whack and the sound of something hitting the floor of the van. 

A solider could be heard, "How the fuck does he know? Ah it doesn't matter." 

Another solider said, "Well fuck. They'll all die anyway." 

The girls started to cry even more. A solider shouted, "HEY! SHUT THE FUCK UP!"