chapter two - the plan

♡♡◇◇♡♡◇◇♡♡◇◇♡♡◇◇♡♡

♡♡◇◇♡♡◇◇♡♡◇◇♡♡◇◇♡♡

Sage glanced down at her phone, her mother's contact information displayed brightly on the screen. Veronica had come up with a plan on what to do just minutes before, but she was nervous. There was such a big possibility that it would not happen and their trip would be ruined. The two girls agreed on one goal for the trip— do not let it be ruined.

"God, I've never been so afraid to call someone," she said, bringing her fingernails to her mouth, gnawing at them anxiously.

"I know. Me neither," Veronica said as she dialed her mom's phone number.

"You ready?" Ronnie nodded and Sage let out a long breath.

"Here goes nothing." Sage cautiously called her mother; it ringed for a little while, and finally, she heard a voice she recognized.

"Honey? Oh my god,
you had me worried sick!
I told you to call
when you landed!"

"Well, we just landed twenty
minutes ago—"

"I thought you were
lying around dead on
a mountain or somewhere,
Sage! This is so
irresponsible of you!
I let you go on the trip
because I thought that
I could have some trust in
you but then you do this—"

"Mom! Listen! Okay?
Ronnie and I accidentally
got onto the wrong flight."

"You what?"

"Hear me out!"

"Sage Natalie Parrish.
I don't have time
for these silly jokes."

"I'm not joking!"

"Sage, where are you
two right now?"

"... Barcelona."

"I'm buying you two
plane tickets to come
back home immediately—"

"Wait!"

As Sage began to spill out their plan, Veronica sighed, pressing the dial button. She doubted that her idea would work, and yet, they were going to try anyways. That's what she always admired about Sage— she was willing to do anything to reach her goals. In some, it was kind of a toxic trait but in her, it did wonders.