Chapter 20 (New Feelings)

Jake's POV

Shawn and I were walking down th street looking for a place to eat. Unfortunately we didn't know the area or what place's were good. We decided to walk into a restaraunt that we recognized...McDonalds. We had to let go of eachothers hands to be able to fit through the door, and when we went in we were surprised to see no line for food.

"What would like?" The lady at the counter asked me.

"Can I get a big mac with a large fries and medium drink?" I asked.

"Sure thing and for you?" She turned her attention to Shawn.

"Same thing for me please."

She punched something into the cash register and told me 14.98 I was about to put the money down when Shawn jumped infront of me and paid for the food.

"HEY!" I yelled.

"I'm not having you buy my food." He smirked at me.

"Well I'm not having you buy my food!" I protested.

"Too late, I already did." He was very smooth.

"And why was that?" I asked thinking his answer was going to be smart and bratty.

"Because I always pay for my dates food." WHOA! I wasn't expecting that.

We got our food and sat down in the corner booth so that if some girls walk in they might not see us. Last time I tried this it didin't work but I was still hopful. Luckily no body saw us there, good thing too cause I felt so fat after eating that huge burger and all the fries.

"OMG I'm sooooo fat! I just ate all that!" I leaned back and waited for Shawn to finish his food.

"You're not fat hun, now me on the other hand, I'm huge." He lifted up his shirt and showed me his belly which was flat as canvas.

"Are you kidding me?" I couldn't believe he was even saying that he was fat, "not only are you not fat, but you're ripped."

"Oh and you're not? I saw you at the beach, you're so not fat!" We sounded like girls, but I couldn't tell if it was best friends having a conversation or flirting, maybe both. We got up and started walking to the door. Someone we crossed grabbed my arm and pulled me down and I landed on someones lap with lips pressed against mine, then I heard a camera click. I suspected it was a fan that saw me leaving and wanted to get a picture before we left. I was right! I looked and saw that it was a girl with black hair and green eyes. She was wearing a neon green crop top with jeggings and combat boots...not the best fashion sense.

"Thanks!" She said.

"No problem at all." I told her getting up, "except you can just ask for a kiss on the lips, you don't need to steal one."

"Well then in that case," she started, "Shawn can I get a kiss on the lips with you?"

"Of course!" He leaned in and gave her a kiss on the lips just like me. Ouch! I felt a pang in my chest from jealousy. Did Shawn feel this too? He backed away and she looked at her phone seeing if the pictures turned out okay.

"These turned out great! Thank you guys!" She squealed. She was the type of fans I liked, the normal ones not the jump up and down and scream ones.

"You're welcome." Shawn and I said together.

We were walking back to the hotel which was about 10 blocks away.

"So Jake I'm going to ask you something and I want you to be serious." Shawn said with a serious tone, "okay, why are you afraid of planes because just seeing pictures of 9/11 doesn't make someone that scared of planes?"

"The real reason I'm scared of planes is because..." My voice trailed off. I didn't know if I could finish the thought. "Because my brother was on the plane that hit one of the twin towers." I was choking back tears, remembering the details.

"Oh now I wish I didn't ask." Shawn looked at his shoes.

I turned around and saw a group of girls following us. Uh oh!

"Uh Shawn? We're being followed." He looked behind us and saw the girls also.

"How many blocks until we get to the apartment?" He's been through this before.

"7" I told him.

"Looks like we're running 7 blocks."

"Why?"

"Because then they'll know where Nash and Cam live and don't worry we're ahead and we'll get a head start. But once we run so will they so don't stop. On the count of 3." He started the countdown.

"1-2-3!" He yelled 3 and we both started sprinting towards the apartment. Just like Shawn said the girls starting sprinting after us too. We both started running at the same time but Shawn wasn't as fast as me, I guess what he said about me being ripped was true. I grabbed behind me and grabbed his hand so he could stay close to me. 3 blocks, 2 blocks, 1 block. We ended at the door to the apartment building but we needed the key. I fumbled around in my back pocket and the crowd was gaining fast. I put the key in the lock and opened the door and shut it behind me and Shawn. Soon after the girls were at the glass door pounding on it and screaming our names. We watched and saw the mass get bigger and bigger, so we went up the stairs to the rooms get to the room. We stopped outside the door and looked at eachother.

"I had a great time tonight." he smiled.

"Me too." I laughed thinking this was a joke.

"I'd like to do it again."

"Yeah today was fun." He was a really good actor.

He leaned in and gave me a kiss, not the kind I gave the girls at the meet and greets but a real legit kiss. He broke the kiss to turn away and started walking the other direction.

"Shawn!" He turned around.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"You live here." I laughed.

"Oh yeah I forgot!" He jogged back to the door.

"Not only was I you're date tonight but I'm also you're room mate for a week." I told him opening the door.

"Sorry, I forgot!"

"It's alright, I thought it was cute." I grabbed the side of his face and kissed him just like he kissed me and walked into the apartment. Nash and Cam weren't back yet and we didn't expect them home until late. I walked around the counter in the kitchen and saw a note.

"Guys came back and saw you weren't here. Came back to get clothes to stay at some girls house be back tomorrow. Don't burn the house down :)"

-Cam

Right next to his note was another note.

"Guys came back and saw you weren't here. Came back to get clothes to stay at some guys house be back tomorrow. Don't burn the house down :)"

-Nash

I swear they were twins. So I was guessing him and Maddie didn't work out.

"Shawn get over here!" I yelled hoping where ever he was he could hear me.

"OW I'm right next to you!" He grabbed his ear in pain.

"Check this out!" I pointed to the notes and let him read them. He smiled and leaned in for another kiss but this time it was passionate.