Chapter 23 (Hearing Something That's Private)

Jake's POV

I was woken up by the feeling of emptiness. I noticed that the boy I latched on to when I fell asleep wasn't there anymore. I assumed he woke up already and was eating breakfast or something. I reached over to the end table and looked at my phone; 5:30am. Shawn would not be awake at 5:30. Then again, neither would I but for some reason I was. I figured there was no reason to go back to sleep since I set my alarm for 7am anyways. I walk out of mine and Shawn's room and see Shawn sitting at the island on his phone. I sneak up behind him and snake my arms around his waist.

"What are you doing up?" I whisper in his ear not wanting to wake up Jack and Jack on the couch.

"I couldn't sleep." He whispers back.

"You could have told me to let go of you." I thought I was the reason he couldn't sleep.

"That's not the reason why." He was being very secretive.

"Then why couldn't you sleep?" I want to know.

"Because you know how I toured with Austin Mahone?" He asked.

"Yeah."

"Well after the success it was more people called me asking to tour with them."

"So what's the problem?" I didn't understand why good news gives you sleepless nights.

"I don't know if I should go on tour with one of the people who called me or keep touring with Magcon." As he told me this I got nervous. If he dropped out of Magcon I wouldn't see him, but if he kept touring with Magcon it would just be holding him back.

"Well who were the people who called you?" I tried hiding my sadness.

"5SOS, Echosmith and Ariana Grande." Whoa those were pretty big names.

"Shawn you can't keep touring with Magcon when you could be touring with people like that." I didn't want him to leave but I couldn't make him stay.

"But there's so many things I'll miss if I leave Magcon. We're a family, I mean look at us Jake, we're in an apartment that 3 of the members share with 5 other people from the group counting us all here too. Do you think Ariana Grande let's people crash at her house like this?" He stretched his arms out.

"Well no but..." I started but he cut me off.

"Also I wouldn't meet all the fans and I couldn't connect with them on a more personal level. The only level I would connect with them on is on stage."

"Shawn I think..." He cut me off again.

"And I've already built a relationship with the people here and I don't want to leave them." He couldn't decide between success or sticking with what he has with the people he loves.

"Do you think we want you to leave? NO! We don't but you can't stay here forever. I think you should tour with one of the 3 people come back and tour with us again. That way you have the connections from the other people but still get go back to where you started." I put in my suggestion and it sounds pretty good on paper.

"But what if Magcon isn't here when I come back? It already broke up once who's to say it won't happen again." Shawn put his head down.

"You know even if you do leave or if Magcon does break up we'll all still be a family and that will never change." I sat next to him and put my arm around him. Maddie came out of her room and started tip toeing down the stairs. As she came down me and Shawn softly sang "Tip toeing in my Jawdinzz" still not wanting to wake the Jack's and once she got to the bottom of the steps we stopped our song.

"Guys why are you awake?" She asked us.

"Shawn couldn't sleep and I woke up feeling empty without my arms around him." I smiled filling her in. "By the way, why didn't anyone want me to tell Mary about us or me and Jack?" I looked at Shawn dead in the eyes.

"Because no one knows how she'll take it." He looked down.

"You didn't know how I would take you being bi and now we have a somewhat romantic thing going on." I gave me perspective.

"You're gay so we knew you'd be fine with it." He chuckled.

"Well I was shocked! It's not everyday you find out that 6 of the 7 boys your touring with are bi."

"Well you took it ok."

"Maybe she will too and anyways when she goes on either of our twitters she'll know." I wanted to tell her.

"Just let's keep it on the down low ok." Shawn said giving me a kiss on the lips.

"Fine." I groaned.

Mary's POV

I woke up hearing some commotion downstairs I get out of bed without waking Nash and I see over the banister that Jake, Shawn and Maddie are in the kitchen talking. I listened in on the conversaiton.

"Why didn't anyone want me to tell Mary about us or me and Jack?" Jake asked, looking at Shawn. I stopped. They were talking about me?

"Because no one know how she'll take it." Shawn lowered his gaze.

"You didn't know how I would take you being bi and now we have a somewhat romantic thing going on." Jake told Shawn. WHAT! Shawn and Jake are dating?

"You're gay so we knew you'd be fine with it." Shawn chuckled.

"Well I was shocked! It's not everyday you find out that 6 of the 7 boys your touring with are bi." Whoa this is all happening too fast but I can't stop listening. I'll sort it out later.

"Well you took it well." Shawn and Jake were talking way too softly so they wouldn't wake up the Jack's. UGH.

"Maybe she will too and anyways when she goes on either of our twitters she'll know." So there's something on their twitter about this whole thing. I have got to take my twitter more seriously.

"Let's just keep it on the down low ok." Shawn leaned in a kissed Jake. WAIT SHAWN KISSED JAKE! I tip toed to the bathroom to sort this whole thing out and go on twitter. I slowly opened the door and closed it softly so they wouldn't know I was up. So apparently Jake and Shawn are having a romantic fling for the time being; I get that. 6 of the 7 Magcon boys are bi; okay I understand but I don't know which ones. They won't tell me because they're scared of my reaction; I didn't understand that. Why would they be afraid of my reaction? And there is something on both Jake's and Shawn's twitter that must be seen. I left the bathroom after everything was sorted out and sat back in bed with Nash and took my phone off the end table. I logged onto my twitter and went to Jake's 1st. The last post was a picture of him kissing Shawn with 300,000 favorites and 400,000 retweets. Okay? Now Shawn. His last post was a picture of him kissing Jake with around the same numbers. But there was one thing left unaccounted for...Jake said something about him and Jack. Which Jack and what about him? Hmmmmm? Maybe Nash knows something about this.

"Nash...Nash wake up." I whispered shaking him.

He groaned and I shook him again.

"What do you want?" He said in a really deep morning voice.

"What happened between Jack and Jake?" I didn't even know if he was listening.

"I don't know, which Jack?" I didn't know the answer.

"I don't really know." I confessed.

"Then go ask Jake." Nash turned over and went back to sleep. Should I go ask Jake or should I go ask one of the Jacks? Or should I wait until Nash is a little more awake? If I do ask Jack, which one do I ask? Or should I do some detective work?

___________________________________________________________

OKAY SO THIS CHAPTER IS SUPER CONFUSING FROM MARY'S POV. BASICALLY IT'S HER HEARING JAKE'S, SHAWN'S AND MADDIE'S COVNERSATION ABOUT HER AND HER TRYING TO FIGURE THINGS OUT ABOUT WHAT THEY TALKED ABOUT AND NOW SHE'S TRYING TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENED BETWEEN JACK AND JAKE WHICH IS THAT THEY KISSED BUT JAKE TOLD HER IT WAS PHOTOSHOPPED. SORRY FOR THIS SUPER CONFUSING CHAPTER BUT IT WILL TRANSFORM INTO SOMETHING BIGGER AND BETTER.