We have to leave!!

Ezmerelda's P.O.V.

Once the explosion hit,  Aladdin, Seraphina, and I were thrown across the room. I cry out in pain as my right wing gets crushed by the heavy table, more likely breaking it in half. I look around the room, trying to find Seraphina and Aladdin, but I couldn't see over the table. I put all of my strength into moving the table. Once I finally get the table off my broken wing I stand up and see Aladdin protecting an unconscious Seraphina.

"Oh no. Aladdin are you alright?! Is Seraphina alright!?" I asks as I run towards the two.

"She is alright, just has a large cut on her head. What happened?!" 

"I don't know. We.." I say but am cut off by someone grabbing me by the throat and slamming me to the ground. I try getting out of the unknown persons' grip by they tighten their grip on my neck.

 I try getting out of the unknown persons' grip by they tighten their grip on my neck

One of Ezmerelda's dijin equip, but imagine her hair is down to her waist

"Cut off the queen's head. This way I will be crowned king!" I hear someone say. I see Aladdin's eyes grow wide and I feel my heart drop. I start to say, "Spirit of war, Wrathara, lend me your power and transform my body to protect my friend and new comrade," under my breathe. All then feel my wings disappear and power surge threw me. I then break the unknown mans' hold on my neck and throat punch him, making him pass out. I then grab Aladdin and push him behind me and grab a sword. Right as i'm about to strike the guy, Seraphina wakes up and grabs her head. He sees that she is awake and runs behind her. She reaches behind her and grabs his neck, before she could do anything else, he grabs her wings and breaks them, making her scream in pain and let him go. I make it quick and throw the sword at his head, making it pierce his skull, killing him. I turn back to normal and run to Seraphina and help her up.

"Seraphina, we have to leave. Nobody is alive, they're all dead" I tell Seraphina. She looks at me and starts to cry, not only from the pain in her wings but also from the loss of all her people. I feel guilty because I was not there to protect them, I had failed at my job of protecting the island.

"Aladdin, is there anything that you have that can carry us, I can't because my wing is broken." He nods and takes a cloth off his head, and it turns into a turban. I help Seraphina down on the turban and run towards a chest and grab it.

"What is in there?" Aladdin says as I put the chest on the turban.

I get on the turban and look at him saying, "This chest has a couple of Seraphina's dijin's and some of her parents things it in, important things. Aladdin nods and then starts to leave. I look at the mother tree and see all of our citizens hanging from it. Seeing it made me silently cry and then I hear Seraphina cry out loud. I grab her and pull her to me and we cry together. Out of the corner of my eye I see Aladdin have tears streaming down his face. I see Seraphina open her arms to him, and Aladdin crawls into her arms and cry's too.

After a while of crying, Seraphina falls asleep. I then look at Aladdin and say,"I'm really sorry that you had to see that."

"It's alright. I will probably see it as time continues on. What did that guy mean by cut off her head to become king?"

"What he meant by that is there is a legend that goes around in a neighboring country. If you cut the head off of the king or queen from our island and and give it to the king, you are the new king of that country. I just don't know how they got threw the border, they couldn't have flown over because of the invisible force field." I say still feeling the guilt raging in my chest.

"It wasn't your fault that this happened. Someone must have known that this was the only time that you wouldn't be outside." Aladdin says. I smile at him and touch his cheek.

"You know, Seraphina sees you as her child. The day we found you she got so worried about you that she took off with you to the medical room. Also, the way she holds and smiles at you says it too."

"I actually see her a mother figure. And the thing is, I have never had a mother. She gives off this vibe that makes her feel really loved and protected. Are you both going to be alright?"

"Physically, mine and her wings will heal over time along with the deep bruise on my neck. Emotionally, I don't know the answer to that. Maybe over time her and I will heal."

"Also, how did you know that everybody was dead before even looking?"

"My eyes. I can see the lives of the people I protect. When my father saw that I had his eyes, he knew that I was going to be the next guardian of the island. Something must have blocked my ability to see the lives of the citizens. Um, where are we headed?"

"We are headed to Sindria. I know a magician that can heal your wings and bruise faster."

"Well, since we have a while until we get there, will you help me wrap my broken wing so it won't sustain any further damage along with Seraphina's.?" I ask. Aladdin nods and wraps my wing gently and then we both wrap Seraphina's wings gently. By the time we get done, Seraphina wakes up and thanks us and brings Aladdin to her chest, and we arrive to Sindria."

Hope you liked this chapter. Sorry if it is long-ish!