~15~

"Hey, Jess!" Dan smiles as I climb into his car.

"I'm sorry." I say.

"What for?"

"Making you meet me, I just really need someone to talk to right now."

Dan sighs before starting the car back up.

"Don't be ridiculous. I'm always here for you."

"I know, Dan."

We drive around for a while before arriving at the start of a walking trail. Dan and I jump out the car and begin the walk.

"I just thought a walk would clear your head and there's nobody around so we can talk." Dan smiles.

"Thank you." I grin.

"So, spill."

I tell him everything. And I mean everything.

I tell him about my parents death, the self harming, the suicide attempt, the therapy, Gabe, Harry's new job.

Everything.

"Right, so he's now your fake boyfriend?" Dan asks.

"Yeah, but we did something we shouldn't have done earlier and I really need to tell someone but you'll think of me differently-"

"Jess, stop rambling. I won't care whatever it is because you're still Jess."

"We had sex." I sigh.

"Woah, why?"

"He walked in on me getting changed and then made a move. I was just an idiot and went along with it. I regret it."

"Have you spoken since it happened?"

"No, I kicked him out. But he told me he was sorry and that he loved me before he left."

"Do you think he still likes you? Or do you think he's using you?" Dan asks.

"I think he has a physical need for me rather than an emotional one. He doesn't want to be with me but he would happily fool around."

Dan sighs and slings his arm over my shoulders.

"This all really sucks Jess. But I mean hey, look on the bright side. At least you use protection so you won't have his kid." Dan laughs.

I freeze.

Did we use protection?

"Wait, you did use protection right?" Dan asks.

No, no, no, no.

"Jess? Oh fuck."