~27~

It's been a month.

I couldn't bring myself to get out of bed for 4 whole weeks after we found out.

I pushed everyone away. Nobody knew what happened, even Harry was clueless.

After that day, Gabe kept his distance from me. In fact, I haven't seen or heard from him at all in the past month.

I finally dragged myself out of the house today and am currently stood outside the door to my class.

My final attempt to get my life back on track.

"Jess? Holy fuck." I hear someone say from behind me.

"You're back. I didn't think you'd be back. How-how are you?" Gabe stutters, walking over to me.

"I'm ok." I say.

"I-wow. Sorry I just didn't expect to see you."

"Ever again? Yeah, I kind of got the message that you don't want to see me." I snap.

"What?"

"You've ignored me for a month. You left me alone to deal with everything. You told me that you'd stay with me through it all, but you fucking left me after that day, Gabe!"

"J, I'm sorry! I didn't know how to deal with it. I couldn't stand seeing you cry."

I roll my eyes and push past him in an attempt to reach my locker. His arm grips mine, spinning me round.

"Jess, talk to me." He pleads.

"No."

"Come on, we're going for a walk."

I sigh but follow him after dumping my stuff in my locker. I mean, there's nothing to lose in this situation. I might as well let him talk.

He leads me down a path to an old blossom tree and guides me to sit underneath it with him.

His hand reaches over to my thigh and he gives it a squeeze, before turning his full attention on me.

"We need to talk, let's start."