~4~

"You get me so worried sometimes Jessica." Gabe sighs.

"Can we stop taking about it? It's the past."

"Fine, ok. So, fake girlfriend?"

"I don't really have a choice, do I?" I chuckle.

He laughs and punches my arm slightly.

"Want to come and meet my parents?" He asks, handing me my jacket.

"Fine."

I put my jacket on and follow Gabe out of the gates. We walk slowly and silently to his house, my mind running wild with how I'm going to deal with this.

"Ready?" Gabe asks as he opens his front door.

I nod slowly and follow him inside.

"Gabriel! And you must be Jessica?" His mum grins at us as we walk in.

"Hi!" I smile.

"Oh wow, you're gorgeous! How did Gabe get so lucky?" She grins.

I blush and look at Gabe. He hides his face and reaches down slowly for my hand. I mentally sigh but let him take my hand.

"Would you like to stay for dinner, Jess?" His mum asks.

"Oh, no it's fine thank you. I need to get home to help Harry cook."

"Are your parents not home tonight?"

I stutter slightly, trying to think of an answer. I don't really know how to tell her that my parents are dead.

"Mum, her parents are no longer here." Gabe says softly.

"Are they on holiday?" She asks, confused.

"They passed away last year. A car crash. Harry is 20 so he's my legal guardian for now." I say slowly.

"Oh sweetie! I'm so sorry."

"It's fine, really. It's just hard to talk about so sometimes I just pretend I have parents."

She smiles sympathetically at me before returning to the kitchen. A small tear escapes my eye as she walks away, but Gabe is quick to notice it.

"Proud of you, always." He whispers, pulling me into a hug.

"I'm going to go now. Text me what you need me to do for this whole fake girlfriend thing." I whisper.

"Thank you, J."