~30~

I stumble in through the door and upstairs after a long day at school. I throw my bag into my bed and pull my shoes off.

I carefully place my keys on the table, making sure I don't lose them. Since Harry doesn't live here anymore, I am responsible for the house.

I'm about to get changed when I hear a knock on the door. I run downstairs and open it, to reveal a soaking wet Gabe.

"Jess, please. I need to talk to you." He begs as the rain pours harder behind him.

"Uhh, come in. You're getting soaked."

He slides past me and into the house, his hair dripping water down his face.

"Go to Harry's old room, he left some clothes. You can borrow those." I say.

Gabe appears back in my room about 5 minutes later, wearing some of Harry's old clothes.

"Thank you." He smiles.

"So, why are you here?" I ask.

He sits down on the bed beside me.

"I've been an absolute dickhead. I just need to talk to you. I mean you don't have to respond, but please listen?"

"Yeah, sure." I nod.

"I should've stayed with you through the miscarriage. I can't believe I let you do it alone and that is what I regret most. I didn't mean to get involved with Molly again, we hooked up once but I stopped it before we even had sex. She's just clingy now and I don't know how to stop it. I'm just so sorry Jess! I'm such a fuck up sometimes." He rambles.

"Woah, Gabe. Calm down. It's ok." I say, rubbing his arm as he cries.

"It's not. I left you alone."

"It's over now. I'm getting better, it would've been nicer if you'd  stayed but it's the past now."

"I really love you, Jess." He says, looking up at me.

"Gabe, you don't mean that."

"I do. I'm in love with you. I have been ever since the day we met, and I never stopped loving you even when we broke up."

"Then why did you leave me?" I whisper.

"I was an idiot. I just didn't realise how much I needed you until I lost you."

I stay silent, staring down at my hands.

"Jess, you are the only person in the whole world that can influence me this much. I can't function without you, and you telling me you tried to kill yourself, i-. I just couldn't cope without you."

"Gabe, I love you too. But I can't do this, I just end up getting hurt."

"I promise, Jess. One more chance."

"Just one. If you screw this up, you and I can never be."

"Deal." He whispers, before crashing his lips into mine.