~5~

NEW MESSAGE FROM Gabe💘

*We have school tomorrow, so we need to discuss the deal*
*Wait we are a couple at school too?*

He doesn't reply. Instead, he rings me.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Yes we are a couple at school! We are a couple everywhere now." He says.

"You owe me big time. I'm going to get so much hate from Beth and Molly."

"You have me, Jess."

I can't help but smile like an idiot when he says that.

"Meet me at 8 tomorrow morning. We walk into class holding hands. If they don't believe us, we are going to have to kiss." Gabe explains.

"What? I thought this was all fake so your mum thinks you have a girlfriend? Why does it matter if our friends believe us?"

"Please, Jess. The whole plan has to be fool proof."

"Whatever, Gabe. See you tomorrow."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I throw my clothes on after showering, getting ready for my long day at college. I promised to meet Gabe so I head downstairs to say goodbye to Harry.

"Harry? I'm leaving now!" I yell from the bottom of the stairs.

"Jessie! Have a good day, am I picking you up tonight?" He asks, appearing behind me.

"I think I'm going over to Gabe's if that's ok?"

"Sure. Are you guys a thing now?" He smirks.

"Shut up, Harry. I'll keep you posted. Text me if you need me."

"Will do. Oh and Jess?" He asks, as I turn to leave.

"Yes?"

"Let Gabe know about the accident. You need to open up about the deaths at some point, and I think Gabe would help you."

"Maybe, Harry. It's just hard."

He smiles sympathetically at me, before handing me my bag and waving me off. I sigh as I walk down the street to meet Gabe.

The urge to open up to him is so apparent. He knows how they died but he knows nothing else. Nobody does.