CHAPTER 10 "Mystery unfolds-2"

Chapter 10 Mystery unfolds -2

Chinnu is very excited and wants to look her best. She keeps trying all types of hairstyles in front of mirror. Mona enters the room and finds out that this girl has finally decided to solve her quest. This time she doesn’t stop her from doing so and instead jumps in to help her. She  offers Chinnu some of her new dresses, and helps in finalizing on dress, make up, hairstyle etc. After spending some 2hrs in front of mirror and decking up Chinnu finally gets ready for the show.

Mona hugs and says,” You look just like an angel sweety! No girl is anywhere near you in beauty.”

Chinnu:  (blushes heavily),“Is that so? Do I really look like an angel? I just hope I match his expectations. I want him to feel that he wasn’t wrong when he called me his angel.”

Mona (startled), “What he already called you an angel? “

Chinnu(happily and excited), “Not just  an angel, he calls me  pumpkin, sweety, cookie.....blah blah..”

Mona stops her and says,” Wait...... this is too weird.... you guys are moving too fast..... I mean shatabdi express might stop but you guys are unstoppable. Be alarmed!!! Give me missed call if you sense any danger and I would know that you are in trouble and will jump to the place. College canteen right?

Chinnu: (nodding yes), “ I will take care of myself, my good old granny, and if I need help I will call you , afterall you are my BODYGAURD, isN'T IT?.”

Then both chuckle and hug each other. Mona kisses her forehead and wishes her luck.

Chinnu hires an auto and directs him to take her to college canteen. She is floating on cloud nine. She is feeling as if she were Cinderella and her prince charming was waiting for her.As she nears the college her heart beat fastens so much she even STARTS feeling giddy.

She slowly gets down the auto, Pays him his fare and heads towards canteen. She takes a look at the watch and it is  just 4.50pm. She reaches the college canteen. Many people usually gather thereby evening to have tea, snacks and catch up with their gup shup(chit chatting).

                       Standing at the door she manages to take a good look to see if he has arrived. Since she is from the same college she thinks she can locate him easily. As she goes in searching for this guy, her friends and classmates sitting in the canteen acknowledge her, some even compliment her for looking her best. But she isn’t much interested and gives them a cold response as she is very curious to find this guy.

She finds some place for herself and makes herself comfortable. Keeping her eyes alert at the door she is busy rubbing her hand in tension. It looked as if she would collapse out of tension in due time.

Soon waiter gives her the menu card and waits for her order while she is busy glancing at the card blankly Mayank comes by her table with flowers in his hands and calls out for her.

Mayank:” How are for you my angel?

Chinnu suddenly rises from her chair and all look amazed at both of them . She is totally taken a back, A tall, fair, handsome, muscular guy with tidy shirt and trousers was standing next to her. He looked like a Greek god!! She just stood amazed at how handsome he was. Mayank breaks the silence and says:

Mayank: “May I take seat ,Angel?”

By now Chinnu’s  heart beats are very much palpable. As they both sit on chair they realise that they are being watched by all in the canteen. Some of her friends even gesture her that the guy is dashing, for which she just gestures them  back with smile. Now she is getting a little uncomfortable and embarrassed.

Mayank: “Are you okay? Should we go somewhere else if you aren’t too comfortable?”

Chinnu: “Oh no that’s okay. I am fine. It’s just that.......”

Mayank: “Wasn’t I up to your expectations. Did I disappoint you?”

Chinnu:(shyly),“Oh No! Not at all! You are way beyond my expectations, you...................you...........you.............are too good.”

Mayank: “Then why do you look dull and unhappy? As you said it wasn’t that difficult to find my Angel among the

Chinnu: “I am too ordinary and average or below average. And you are dashing...... I feel cheated!!! You could have told me how you looked.”

Mayank(giggles) “What is the problem? You are too good. And you aren’t any average girl, you are the most special girl in my life. Why feel cheated?”

Her tears start rolling down and she abruptly excuses herself, hiding her tears, she walks out. As she is  trying to call Mona and tell her about the proceedings, Mayank follows her , at her speed and holds her hand and stops her. His muscular hand grips around the Chinnu’s tender arm, meanwhile the call gets disconnected and Mona gets a missed call on her cell,  seeing missed call she  rushes to college

Mayank : “What is wrong with you? Why are you behaving weirdly? Are you angry? Did I unintentionally hurt you?

Chinnu shrugs her hand off and moves towards the main gate to go back, she  starts crying louder and  is inconsolable .Rubbing her nose she says, “ Nothing, You aren’t wrong. You didn’t hurt me. But............but............... I feel heartbroken.”

Mayank running behind her , “This doesn’t explain anything”. He stops chasing her and says, “You can’t just walk out this way leaving me puzzled!”

Chinnu stops, turns back and come to him and says, “ Nothing . It is just that I didn’t expect a Prince Charming, you are too good looking than I ever imagined. I feel a lot inferior to you in looks and I feel .....I feel..... I don’t deserve your friendship.”

Mayank : “That’s it????? How can you decide everything? This is not what I think. Just look yourself through my eyes at least once.”

Holding her hands, in calm composed voice he utters, “Chinnu, I haven’t seen an angel for real, but if she were to exist then she would have just looked like you.”

Chinnu is completely bowled over, she slowly sinks into quietness and looks into his deep brown eye, she is so completely lost in his mesmerizing charm that it gets easy for her to see how much he has liked her. As she is trying  to contemplate, Mona arrives at the gate where these two are standing holding hands and lost in each other’s eyes.

Mona comes screaming, “You pervert!! Get your hands off my friend , I warn you.”

Hearing her shouting in anger, the security guard also rushes shouting back, “ Take this all non sense stuff outside the college campus. “

As he nears the couple he recognizes Mayank and becomes alert and salutes him and apologises for being rude as he didn’t see who the persons were standing from far. Mayank gives him an ok nod. Greeting both Mayank and Chinnu the security guard goes back to his place.

While Mayank is smiling , both Mona and Chinnu look stunned.

Chinnu: (shocked at the guard’s reaction), “Who are you? Some minister or Police?

Mayank : “I am more bigger than these people to this guard.”

Mayank: (proudly), “I am the OWNER OF THIS COLLEGE AND HOSPITAL.”