(7) The Next Week

I'm sitting down with my tea, six hours and a playlist. Let's go.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tim

I turned the key and started up the car, and we were on our way. We had to drive through a small town and I decided that we were going to stop for breakfast there. It was called Yahk. Weird name, right? Still, it had a few places to eat at, along with a place to fuel up.

We were about an hour into the driver, the only sound in the car was the radio, playing some shitty music. I would change the station but this was the only one still working, other ones are either all static or would cut in and out. I let out a short sigh before adjusting the front mirror and looked into it. Only to see Toby, sleeping in the back; his messy brown hair almost covering his eyes, his head tilted to the right, leaning on the window. His chest would rise and fall at a slow pace and his mouthguard still clinging to his mouth along with his orange goggles barely cling to his head. He looked adorable.

A tiny smile gradually crept onto my face. God, I'm not going to deny it anymore. I like this kid. A lot. From his quivering, shaking state to his obsession with waffles, I liked every bit. There's no reason for me to dismiss it any longer. Though, I shouldn't act on these feelings...Hell, I don't even know if he likes guys. Haha, I didn't even know I liked guys.

I was lost in thought as I drove the car, passing by giant pine trees and lakes. But what snapped me out of my trance was a sign; 'Welcome To Yahk, BC!' And moments later I saw a town, I slowed down the car seeing the buildings. There weren't many places to eat; Yahk Soup Co. Or Two Scoop. It was either the first one, a mountain goat cheese soup place or ice cream. Yeah, ice cream it is. I have a feeling I or Hoodie wouldn't be able to get Toby to eat anything other than a sweet type of food.

I pulled into the parking lot and hopped out of the car, so did Hoodie. Toby didn't, he was most likely still asleep. I let out another sigh as I walked to the back of the car and pulled out the first aid kit. I then walked over to the right side of the car, opened it and there came a falling Toby. The teenager fell to the ground and I let out a low and tried growl.

"H-HEY! What the h-hell Masky!?" He screamed getting off the ground, I just rolled my eyes and said sit. Toby growled at me again but did as he was told.

"Take off you're mouthguard and goggles," I demanded. Toby looked at me in confusion but took them off, now showing off the large hole in his mouth/cheek. I opened the first aid kit, I first cleaned the wound as it looked infected, and once that was done I put a bandaid that was big enough to cover the injury. After putting everything back into the bag and I glanced at the boy. His messy hair was now in full view, and he looked like a normal kid. I smiled before getting up and putting away the first aid kit, along with my mask. I was about to lock the car but I noticed Toby was wearing a pair of leather black gloves.

"Hey, gloves off too," I said expectantly. I expected Toby to give them up without complaint but he didn't. He was reluctant, still, he handed them over. And as he did I saw the flash on his hands was ripped, it looked like he had done it. Though that wasn't all, they were burned and cut. I stared at them for a moment, concern filling me like a raging forest fire. But before I could say anything Toby quickly shoved his hands into his pockets, I just gave him a pitiful and concern look but he just rolled his eyes.

I put everything in the car and we all walked into the shop, we didn't get any weird looks. Well, not until Toby's tics acted up and his neck creaked, but most people stared only to look away moments later. Toby looked embarrassed at first, but then a look of defeat came across his face.