(11) Saving Splendor >2/2<

Tim

I turned down the volume on the walkie-talkie so any small sounds could only be heard by me and me alone. I placed the plastic device in the inner pocket of my tan leather jacket and then zipped it up. I took a deep breath and adjusted my mask before shoving my hand into my jacket pocket. I leaned against the tree one last time, how I hated this part of the job. I wish I could just knock them out, hurt them enough that they won't go after me, anything other than killing them. But I know The Operator wouldn't be pleased with that...God, I hope Toby is able to do this.

I sighed as I pushed myself off the tree and began to walk towards the door. There was no way I could sneak up on these people, there was a huge clearing near the front of the warehouse. And I'm not as nimble as Toby. So, I'll just have to act like I've come to talk or something.

As I emerged from the woods, I pulled my hand out of my pockets and put them behind my head.

Right when I emerged the guards raised their guns and aimed for me, but didn't shoot. Something I was thankful for. Once I was twenty to fifteen feet away from them, they shouted out a command.

"Stop right there!" The guard on the right growled as he cocked his gun towards me. I did as they said and stopped. There were two guards; one was about 5'6, his light brown hair popping out from under his blue and grey mask. He stood on the right. The other one was about 6'1, a bit taller then I was. His hair was a dirty blond and his mask was all white, almost like mine, however, it missed the black rings around its eyes and black lips. This male stood on the left.

"I'm just here to talk to your boss." I lied. The two guards look at each other, uncertainty clearly floating in the air. However, they lowed their guards. "Come, I made an appointment last week! Don't tell me you dumbasses forgot?" I growled, raising my eyebrow, even though it was pointless.

"S-Sorry, Mr.R, we didn't expect you to be here during the day..." The guard on the right mumbled, his voice showing clear fear. I guess it was my lucky day or some shit because apparently this actually worked. I decided to play along and see how far I could get with this.

"You better be," I scoffed. "Who else would I be?" I asked, silently praying to get some more information out of these loose-lipped guards.

"We apologize, sir...It's just that we never see you during the day...You're always wearing that dark cloak..." The guard the left mumbled, his head hung low like he was off to his own hanging.

"Whatever. Just open the fucking door," I demanded, using a harsh tone that I was only able to naturally muster whenever I was angry at a killer.

"Y-Yes, sir!" One of the guards spun on his heel and put in a code before opening the door for me. I looked at the door and walked over to it, I held it open for a moment and turned around. I looked at the two guards and they perked their heads up in confusion.

"Thanks," I mumbled before pulling out my gun and shooting the one on the right in the head, the bullet let out its famous bang sound. The guard's body stood still for a moment, just standing there as the life clearly drained out of his body. I felt a gentle sting in my heart; guilt. However, this feeling was swiftly overwhelmed by the feeling of pleasure running through my body. It made me sick how much I enjoyed killing. I knew it was mostly because of my split personality, Masky, but I still hated it. I was taking away someone else's life, removing them from someone else's life, removing them from this earth, but I seemed to find pleasure in it. It was wrong and I couldn't pin it all on Masky. Deep down I knew I, Tim Wright, loved this feeling too. The power and control I finally had, something that I sorely lacked in this life of mine. Maybe I had a power complex? I'm not sure.