| Chapter 24. |

"Yes, yes. We will talk to her about it. Alright, thank you Principal Brown," Hazel hung up the phone, turning to Harmony with a wild smile. "Bahahaha." She started laughing, clutching her stomach.

"Hazel, it isn't that funny." Harmony replied, rolling her eyes.

"Like hell it ain't. Who the hell gets caught trying to give head by the school principal? Harmony, number one rule- you do that shit in the janitor's closet, not a crowded auditorium." Hazel wagged her finger playfully.

Harmony frowned, crossing her arms across her chest. "Okay, I get it. And I already served my three weeks of detention, Zel. So please, just drop it."

"Ew. Lose the attitude. You better be happy that I answered the phone rather than mom or dad." Hazel rolled her eyes, taking a seat on the sofa.

"Yeah, whatever." Harmony scoffed, looking away.

"Harmony, look at me. Why are you trying so hard anyway?" Hazel asked, moving closer to her little sister.

"Harmony, answer me." Hazel repeated, turning Harmony's face to meet hers.

"Hazel, it doesn't matter."

"Yes, the hell it does. You're my baby sister and I wanna know why you're trying so hard to make some guy take your virginity. Something sacred and important to you that you need to keep out of harm's way." Hazel said sternly, glaring at Harmony.

"I don't know, alright?" Harmony replied, screwing up her face in anger.

"Well, I know that you're acting real stupid." Hazel mumbled, shaking her head.

"Says the girl that lost hers in 7th grade." Harmony snapped, huffing her chest.

Hazel's eyes softened a bit. "Did you think that was my choice, Harmony?"

Harmony turned her head, looking away. "I'm serious. You really think I don't regret losing my virginity so quickly?"

Hazel grabbed her sister, turning her towards her again. "Harmony, Byron Mathis aka the guy that I lost my virginity to was my first love. He was already in high school when I met him. And he told me he liked me and that if I liked him, I had to prove I did by letting him take my virginity."

"So I did. And he winded up, leaving me the next week and hooking up with some junior. After that, I was known as the town slut. And I figured if that's what they think, I might as well live up to it."

Harmony's face dropped, processing her sister's story. "Hazel. I didn't know that. You didn't have to live up to that."

Hazel shrugged her shoulders, kicking her feet up on the coffee table. "No one knows. Everyone just assumed I was always a hoe and I was so young and hurt, I proved them right instead of wrong."

"I'm sorry." Harmony replied, her face softening as she reached to hug Hazel.

"Don't be. Just take it from me when I say, cherish what you got. Because, if Vincent really likes you, he wouldn't pressure you anyway." Hazel answered, a car horn interrupting them.

"I think your friend's here." Hazel said, grabbing the remote from table.

Harmony nodded. "Yeah. We're going to the mall."

"Okay, have fun." Hazel gave a small smile, watching as her sister hopped up from the couch.

Harmony turned around, engulfing her sister in a hug. "I love you, Hazel."

"I love you too, Harmony. See you later." Hazel smiled, squeezing her a final time before she let go. Harmony waved, walking out the house over to Andi's car in the driveway.

"Hey." Andi greeted, waving her hand cheerfully.

Harmony got quiet. "Hi."

"Why don't you sound excited? We're going shopping for prom dresses!" Andi exclaimed, grinning widely.

Harmony nodded. "Yeah, I know."

"Everything okay?"

"I just had a small little talk with Hazel before you got here, is all." Harmony slumped her shoulders, allowing Andi to drive down the street.

Andi turned her right signal on. "Oh, what happened?"

"She just told me that I should keep my virginity and that it's something important to me."

Her eyes went wide. "Really? Hazel said that?"

Harmony nodded again. "Sure did."

"Wow. I would have never thought she would say that." Andi shook her head in disbelief, keeping her eyes on the road.

"Me either."

"You gonna listen to her?" She questioned, glancing at Harmony in the passenger seat quickly.

"I don't know. All I know is I'm trying so hard and it's biting me in the ass." Harmony sighed, rubbing her forehead.

"I'm sorry, Harm."

"You know what, And? Turn around. I don't think I'm in the mood for dress shopping anymore." Harmony said, staring out the window intently.

"What? Why?" Andi stopped at red light.

Harmony shook her head again. "After all that's happened, I just don't know if I want to go prom anymore."

"Harmony, don't say that. Don't let what's been happening stop you from going to prom. That's a moment that every girl dreams about. So don't worry about that stuff. Just focus on having a good time at prom with me." Andi stated, putting on her best sad face.

Harmony caved in. "Ugh, okay."

"Yay! So, are we going dress shopping?" Andi cheered, smiling brightly.

"Yes, Andi. We're going dress shopping."